Contribute
Register

Could this setup support hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

My brother-in-law is selling me his old PC. I'm working on OS X so I would like to convert it into an hackintosh.
Could it work ? Here is the setup of the PC :

- Motherboard : MSI MS-7558
- Processor : Intel Core 2 quad CPU Q9400 @ 2,66 GHz / 2,67 GHz
- Ram : 4 Go (I don't know the model)
- Graphics Card :NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti
- Hard Disc : WDC WD 10EADS-00L5B1 ATA Device

Thank you so much !

Hello, I highly doubt it. No one seems to have tried that motherboard and the CPU is not the best for hackintosh either, but it seems to work for some people. Sorry about that :)

I already have the computer. So at least, I can try, no ?
In your opinion, I just have to change the motherboard ? Or it's better to change everything ?

I already have the computer. So at least, I can try, no ?
In your opinion, I just have to change the motherboard ? Or it's better to change everything ?
Give it a try with different options and see. I recommend you to take the Graphics Card out while installing MacOS. Keep us updated :)

Why ? Is it easier to install MacOS without a Graphics Card ?
I'll keep you in touch.
It’s suppose to be easier. I would install it without the Graphics Card and then if/when MacOS is installed, I would worry about finding Drivers for that Graphics Card and all of that.

Why ? Is it easier to install MacOS without a Graphics Card ?
I'll keep you in touch.

No, don't do that. Even if your system will function without the graphics card (meaning that it has integrated graphics), the integrated graphics is not supported in MacOS, so if you want to try installing MacOS anyway, keep the graphics card in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back