Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP elite 8300
CPU
I5 3.2 3rd gen
Graphics
XFX AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB OC+ 1405 MHz
Hi,

I've been on this for about a month now and I have to admit defeat.

I got it running once, not sure how.

Got it half running yesterday too, but then it just blacked out near the end. It seems a bit random as to how it will work.

Basically I was hoping if someone has a EFI for this machine they could send it me, that would be a great help, I'm know a little about computers but I think I've bitten off more than I can chew here and have to admit defeat.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Hi,

Got it half running yesterday too, but then it just blacked out near the end. It seems a bit random as to how it will work.

Basically I was hoping if someone has a EFI for this machine they could send it me, that would be a great help, I'm know a little about computers but I think I've bitten off more than I can chew here and have to admit defeat.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Hello.

There are whole threads (and here) dedicated to your HP 8300 with so much useful information in them that a simple search should solve most of your problems. What is unusual about your particular build is the XFX RX580 GPU. It's certainly not impossible, and a reportedly-working card, but you will be very lucky indeed to find someone with the exact same set-up. (But hey, you never know!) Any other EFI is unlikely to "just work".

You might not like it but most builders have to at least embark on the learning-curve to some extent. The only way to avoid that is to opt for one of the Golden Builds that features all the files used. Sadly no HP 8300 in there.

People want to help, but as a starting point you need to tell us how you did the initial installation? Did you get to desktop? Does it crash or do you get a solid, blank black-screen? Use Verbose boot mode to see where any problems are occurring. You can post a screen-grab for people to examine. That way you begin to move along the path to sorting-out your build problems.:thumbup:

:)

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Nick
I read your other questions, but will it work on Win10?
It seems that it does not work because the power capacity is insufficient.

Last edited:
Sniki has an EFI for an i5 8300 in his repository https://github.com/Snikii/HP6300-HP8300
called config_HD2500.plist, which you would rename to config.plist. It assumes you enable
both the IGPU and DGPU in BIOS, and that you define the machine as a MacMini in SMBIOS.
You may want to change the machine identification for WEG purposes using shikigva boot
arguments, or change the machine identity in SMBIOS if you want to use the DGPU only.
Sniki's guide provides an SSDT.aml compatible with his configuration, so you might want to
follow his guide closely fif you want to use it.

Sniki has an EFI for an i5 8300 in his repository
From what the OP has said, they are looking for the "finished product" in other words doing nothing more than copying and pasting a complete EFI folder from someone else with a working 8300. As UtterDisbelief said, doing that is not a good idea because the one that simply copies an EFI folder learns nothing about how to own and maintain a working hackintosh. That approach will lead to endless problems later on.

From what the OP has said, they are looking for the "finished product" in other words doing nothing more than copying and pasting a complete EFI folder from someone else with a working 8300. As UtterDisbelief said, doing that is not a good idea because the one that simply copies an EFI folder learns nothing about how to own and maintain a working hackintosh. That approach will lead to endless problems later on.

yes I agree with you. I noted "Sniki's guide provides an SSDT.aml compatible with his configuration,
so you might want to follow his guide closely if you want to use it." At the same time, I'm not aware
of a lot of posted 8300 configs for the i5-3470, so it might be helpful to learn from. I didn't propose it
as a one-size-fits-all solution, and he simply asked for help, not a plug and play solution.

The OP stated that they had tried following guides for a month and had no success.

Basically I was hoping if someone has a EFI for this machine they could send it me
Saying "send me an EFI" likely means that they just want someone else's EFI folder.
Failing with the more basic guides that use Unibeast/Multibeast indicates to me that
a UEFI hot patching guide by Sniki wouldn't be of any use for this person.

I'm know a little about computers but I think I've bitten off more than I can chew here and have to admit defeat.
We'll need to hear from them where they are at and whether they've just installed Windows instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back