Contribute
Register

Could Someone Check Out My Proposed Hackintosh Build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello, I'm A First Time builder so could someone check out my specs?

:beachball: Case: Xigmatek Asgard ATX Midi Without Power Supply Black
:beachball: PSU: Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK Builder Series CX430V2 - 80 Plus Certified Power Supply
:beachball: Motherboard: Gigabyte XKT-1155 Z68AP-D3 Motherboard (Rev 1.0)
**Motherboard option 2: GigaByte 1155 H61M-DS2-B3 Motherboard
:beachball: CPU: Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K Unlocked Core i5 Quad-Core Processor (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155)
:beachball: RAM: Kingston 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM Memory (Kit of 2)
:beachball: Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 210
:beachball: HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache Hard Drive

:thumbup: Thanks for looking at my Proposed Hackintosh, Please tell me what you think!

( :beachball: Motherboard 2 is cheaper so i'd prefer to go with that if possible! :beachball: )

Everything looks ok, but why you need the GT210 when you have the HD3000 in the CPU?
Of course, it only works if you will have the Z68.

I have the z68AP-D3 rev 1.0 and i'm very satisfied! :thumbup:

Make sure the GT210 is the 512MB version NOT the 1GB.

Mate94 said:
Everything looks ok, but why you need the GT210 when you have the HD3000 in the CPU?

You see If motherboard 2 works, it's cheaper for me to buy the graphics card with motherboard 2 because I plan on using the HDMI On the rear of the graphics card so could anyone tell me if motherboard 2 works? (GigaByte 1155 H61M-DS2-B3 Motherboard)

Thanks! :thumbup:

Attachments

• Hackintosh Parts.docx
    20.6 KB · Views: 85
Mate94 said:

If the OP wants to use Snow Leopard, then he/she will need that card.

I didn't even look at the 2nd motherboard until now. You would need a GPU with it not because of the HD 3000, but because it only has VGA with onboard and that is not supported. That's on snow leopard or lion. Also just wanted point out that you lose multiple PCI slots and 2 RAM slots with the H61. I'm not sure about the H61 board, but it may be using sata 2 ports where as the z68 board has a few sata 3 ports. Along with that it would work with onboard graphics and save the cost of the GPU. In my opinion that makes the cost negligible.

pwalth21 said:
I didn't even look at the 2nd motherboard until now. You would need a GPU with it not because of the HD 3000, but because it only has VGA with onboard and that is not supported. That's on snow leopard or lion. Also just wanted point out that you lose multiple PCI slots and 2 RAM slots with the H61. I'm not sure about the H61 board, but it may be using sata 2 ports where as the z68 board has a few sata 3 ports. Along with that it would work with onboard graphics and save the cost of the GPU. In my opinion that makes the cost negligible.

True.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back