Contribute
Register

Could anybody help me out with the NVMe problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it is not what I think, now that I look at your lspci again...

The problem is your SATA controller is in RAID mode. You need to set it to AHCI.
I see. Now I get the same answer from 4 different person...It's pretty sure that's the reason why I failed.

But there's no such setting in my BIOS. I should have gave up the first time I heard this.

Thank you all the same.

I see. Now I get the same answer from 4 different person...It's pretty sure that's the reason why I failed.

But there's no such setting in my BIOS. I should have gave up the first time I heard this.

Thank you all the same.

If your system drive is a SATA device (M.2 SATA or 2.5" SATA), you can use SATA-unsupported-282a.kext (as per Clover guide).
But if your system drive is NVMe, you must change to AHCI (because otherwise the NVMe device is handled via Intel RST, instead of industry standard NVMe).
You should look for a BIOS update.

If your system drive is a SATA device (M.2 SATA or 2.5" SATA), you can use SATA-unsupported-282a.kext (as per Clover guide).
But if your system drive is NVMe, you must change to AHCI (because otherwise the NVMe device is handled via Intel RST, instead of industry standard NVMe).
You should look for a BIOS update.

Ok, I'll wait until a new BIOS version release. But now I will stop struggling.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll waiting until a BIOS version release. But now I will stop struggling.

I guess you're implying the M.2 drive is NVMe?
Did you verify that?

I guess you're implying the M.2 drive is NVMe?
Did you verify that?

Ah...so sorry. Forget to to tell you.
Yes, my drive is PM951, NVMe version. Verified at SUMSUNG's website.

Ah...so sorry. Forget to to tell you.
Yes, my drive is PM951, NVMe version. Verified at SUMSUNG's website.

You must change SATA mode to AHCI.
At least for other laptops (a Yoga Kaby Lake model?), Lenovo provided a special version of BIOS that had the option and that special version was not available in the normal place...
It was made available as the same issue happens on Linux...

You must change SATA mode to AHCI.
At least for other laptops (a Yoga Kaby Lake model?), Lenovo provided a special version of BIOS that had the option and that special version was not available in the normal place...
It was made available as the same issue happens on Linux...
I don't get it. BIOS version not available in the normal place, but on Linux?
What should I do or where should I start?

I don't get it. BIOS version not available in the normal place, but on Linux?
What should I do or where should I start?

I'm just saying that for a certain laptop, Lenovo provided a special version. And that special version was not in the normal place you'd find BIOS updates.

You might use google...

I'm just saying that for a certain laptop, Lenovo provided a special version. And that special version was not in the normal place you'd find BIOS updates.

You might use google...
Get it. I'll have a try.
谢谢大神。

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back