Contribute
Register

CORSAIR RMX Series, RM750x, 750 Watt Compatible with Z390 DESIGNARE LGA 1151 (300 Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am having trouble getting a firm answer on this, so hopefully the smarties at Tonymac can help:
My friend told me this motherboard will not work with this PSU, but my other friend says it will be fine. Will the computer built with this PSU and this motherboard work?

Power Supply:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079HGN5QS/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Motherboard:

I am having trouble getting a firm answer on this, so hopefully the smarties at Tonymac can help:
My friend told me this motherboard will not work with this PSU, but my other friend says it will be fine. Will the computer built with this PSU and this motherboard work?

Power Supply:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079HGN5QS/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Motherboard:

I do not see why it would not work. power is power wire is wire the computer does not know the difference of brand. I have a RM1000 works great with my Gigabyte z370 gaming 5. The only time it might be an issue is if your using a Proprietary Dell, or HP mother board/PSU combo. I really could not tell you why one of your friends said it will not work. Maybe they do not like Corsair, maybe they think you need more power.

After some review you might need an adaptor because I just looked threw all the cables for mine and not one is a 4 they are all 6+2

Like below though it does not say it works with the RM:

You need a 4 pin + 8 pin this power supply does not have any 4pin. I would guess you could take one of the 6+2pin cords and shove the 6 pin side onto the 4pin but that is on you and could damage your hardware. You need a power supply that has 4+4 cord or you need to buy a 4+4 cord adaptor.

@scottkendall yeah ok not worth the risk, I'll get the adapter along with the original PSU. Thanks!

btw, I want to be able to recognize this myself next time, so how did you know this power supply wouldn't work with the motherboard? I don't see anything in the specs.

I was looking at the CPU power connector at the top mother board, and there is an 8 plug and a 4 plug. I then realized that my PSU did not have any 4+4 plugs it only had 6+2. The second link is not an adaptor it is actually the modular cord you need that plugs right into the PSU. It is 8 pin on one side PSU and 4+4 on the Motherboard side, while the other cord is 8pin on the PSU and 6+2 on the Motherboard. This cord really should come with the PSU but so they can get you for an extra $5 they sell it on the side.

actually I lied there is a 4+4 it just looks like an 8 but you can pull it apart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back