Contribute
Register

Corsair M.2 NVMe SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
How? No Macs have M.2 slots.

How? No Macs have M.2 slots.

You can install a PCIe->M.2 adapter in a MacPro.
And NVMeGeneric can be used with OS X as a data drive in that scenario.
Also note the website doesn't mention macOS compatibility, just OS X.

As with all hardware, you will find out if it is compatible, and in what way, when someone actually tries to make the hardware work on a hack.

Yes, I know that it can be made to work in Mac Pros via PCI-e adaptors and with the use of the driver. But I find it odd that an company would recommend a product for use with Macs that require the use of unofficial drivers.

Yes, I know that it can be made to work in Mac Pros via PCI-e adaptors and with the use of the driver. But I find it odd that an company would recommend a product for use with Macs that require the use of unofficial drivers.

It may also be compatible with the official driver (if it uses a 4k block size instead of 512 byte).

But I would not be surprised if they are referring to NVMeGeneric.kext. The driver is signed and works fine as a data drive.
We had USB hardware vendors claiming OS X compatibility via GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Has anyone managed to achieve a boot with that hard drive? If the answer is yes.... what method?

Thank you in advance.

For everyone still looking for answer - YES, Corsair NVME MP510 is working well on my hack, no hangups, very fast boot time - 2x faster than my Crucial MX500, no additional kexts required. The only thing I've added is NvmExpressDxe-64.efi to Clover drivers, not sure it is really needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back