Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just got my new custom keycaps for my K65 RGB keyboard and they came out great. I ordered them from Max Keyboard using Illustrator files I put together to match the size and font of the existing legends. Pictures show the left side but the right side of the keyboard was changed too. Corsair does not offer a Mac driver for their keyboards or mice but there is a 3rd party one that works very well and is continually updated - https://github.com/ccMSC/ckb. CKB does not work with Sierra. The keyboard works fine though but no lighting controls in OS X.

NOTE: Corsair released new LUX versions of the K65/70/95 RGB keyboard and changed the keycap font to match the Strafe series so these will not match those.

UPDATE: The CKB driver does not work with macOS Sierra. The keyboard will still work fine and you can remap the modifier keys using the System Preferences. You will not be able to control the lighting but you can boot into Windows and save a static lighting profile to the hardware that will show up in macOS.

Before:
IMG_0431.jpg

After:
IMG_1102.JPG

Attached is a zipped file containing the 4 Illustrator files for the keys. The font for the keycaps is Century Gothic Bold. Here are images of the 4 files for reference:

Left Side Right Side
Option Key R1 1x1 Left.jpg Command Key R1 1x125 Left.jpg Command Key R1 1x125 Right.jpg Option Key R1 1x1 Right.jpg

Attachments

• K65:70:90 Mac Keycaps.zip
    6 MB · Views: 1,782
Last edited:
Nice, i am using K70, can you share illustrator file, I want to order some key like you too ! :D

I updated the first post with the files.

Looks great. I'm also looking to get a mechanical keyboard but couldn't quite afford das keyboard, I was wondering if you've managed to get the media keys (play/pause next and previous) working? Thanks.

I ordered keys for both sides along with some keycap dampeners from maxkeyboard.com. They did a great job and they were shipped out the same day that I ordered them. The keys match my keyboard perfectly. Thank you so much for the ai files!!!

I was hoping to get the caps lock and number lock indicator lights to work correctly, so I tried the CKB driver and found that it really did nothing for my K70. Looks as though it is mainly for the leds on the RGB models.
IMG_20160912_122658.jpg

I ordered keys for both sides along with some keycap dampeners from maxkeyboard.com. They did a great job and they were shipped out the same day that I ordered them. The keys match my keyboard perfectly. Thank you so much for the ai files!!!

I was hoping to get the caps lock and number lock indicator lights to work correctly, so I tried the CKB driver and found that it really did nothing for my K70. Looks as though it is mainly for the leds on the RGB models.
View attachment 210236

Awesome! Yea they were really fast and very helpful when I was creating the artwork for the keys.

FWIW you have the two option keys switched compared to what they would be on an Apple keyboard.

Just got my new custom keycaps for my K65 RGB keyboard and they came out great. I ordered them from Max Keyboard using Illustrator files I put together to match the size and font of the existing legends. Pictures show the left side but the right side of the keyboard was changed too. Corsair does not offer a Mac driver for their keyboards or mice but there is a 3rd party one that works very well and is continually updated - https://github.com/ccMSC/ckb.

Before: After:
View attachment 181478 View attachment 181479

Attached is a zipped file containing the 4 Illustrator files for the keys. The font for the keycaps is Century Gothic Bold.

I have modified the Alt/Option key slightly since I ordered mine to make the word Option the same size as Command. It ended up looking a little odd to me with them being a different size and I will be re-ordering my Alt/Option keys. Here are images of the 4 files for reference:

Left Side Right Side
View attachment 182941 View attachment 182943 View attachment 182942 View attachment 182940

Would you mind going through the options you selected when placing your order.

Quite confused with the different keycap sizes — don't really want to make a mistake and order the wrong size.

TIA

Never mind...you already got that covered in the file names!

Probably should have checked that first...:D

Last edited:
Looks great. I'm also looking to get a mechanical keyboard but couldn't quite afford das keyboard, I was wondering if you've managed to get the media keys (play/pause next and previous) working? Thanks.

All of the media keys work fine with or without the CKB driver. Note CKB has not been updated for Sierra but the keyboard works fine without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back