Contribute
Register

Corsair Hydro H100i v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Just wanted to get some clarification before I try go down this path. Is your method disabling the USB header the Corsair pump plugs into or is it simply blocking the protocol/communication between the pump and the OS? Since your post was from quite some time ago, Clover now has the functionality to shut down usb headers directly in the system, for me it would be this ...

... However when doing this above solution, it shuts down both headers that reside there (go figure) which is a no go since my wifi card is plugged into the other.

Did this work for you?

I like to keep things simple. With my solution I do not use an internal USB header, instead I use a USB cable of which one end plugs into the pump housing and the other end into a standard external USB port.
Whenever I wish to use "Corsair Link 4" to "tune" the behavior of my cooler in the Windows VM of my choice, being VMware Fusion, I just plug the cable into a free external port and, fire up the Windows VM,
tune whatever I want and that is it. On completion I just unplug the cable from the external port, shut down the VM and continue with, currently still, macOS Mojave.

Greetings

I like to keep things simple. With my solution I do not use an internal USB header, instead I use a USB cable of which one end plugs into the pump housing and the other end into a standard external USB port.
Whenever I wish to use "Corsair Link 4" to "tune" the behavior of my cooler in the Windows VM of my choice, being VMware Fusion, I just plug the cable into a free external port and, fire up the Windows VM,
tune whatever I want and that is it. On completion I just unplug the cable from the external port, shut down the VM and continue with, currently still, macOS Mojave.

Greetings

Oh ok, I bought a 4 port USB splitter. And I have the cooler and commander pro plugged into the HS12 USB, so I'm just going to comment out that USB Header when running Mojave, I also have VMware Fusion as well and a duo boot system with win10 running on another drive, so when I boot to win 10 everything functions fine and it remembers the settings when booting into Mojave.

Oh ok, I bought a 4 port USB splitter. And I have the cooler and commander pro plugged into the HS12 USB, so I'm just going to comment out that USB Header when running Mojave, I also have VMware Fusion as well and a duo boot system with win10 running on another drive, so when I boot to win 10 everything functions fine and it remembers the settings when booting into Mojave.
That's the way to go. Incidentally I also did the same with my WiFi/BT card. For that I had to replace the plug that fits onto the onboard header with a standard USB-2 plug, simple and straightforward indeed, just some simple soldering and shrink sleeving. Stopped using insulation tape ages ago.
One of the dual onboard USB-2 headers I also "converted" into 2 x externally accessible USB-2 ports by plugging the cable stub, that comes with a bracket, into one of the onboard USB-2 headers. Works like a dream providing the flexibility that I require. The other onboard USB-2 header is occupied by the plug, which is part of the case wiring, providing access to those 2 ports on the top of my box. The attached picture of the "bracket" I used should shed some ligt on what I did. No wastage of USB-2 ports at all.

Greetings

Attachments

• USB-2 Bracket.png
    USB-2 Bracket.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 132
!!!!! Update !!!!
It is possible to keep the usb plugged in and set curves/monitor the temperature in OSX while not interfering with the sleep functionality.

The key to all of this is setting power and properties correctly in a custom DDST. After that you can go to git hub to get "Open Corsair Link", which is the software solution to monitoring your fans in OSX.

As of now I am still lost when it comes to setting the power and properties. Many of the threads I found are a bit older which is a problem because with High Sierra Apple changed up the way ports are handled (i.e. why you have to use the USB inject all kext if you don't have a custom DDST.)

!!!!! Update !!!!
It is possible to keep the usb plugged in and set curves/monitor the temperature in OSX while not interfering with the sleep functionality.

The key to all of this is setting power and properties correctly in a custom DDST. After that you can go to git hub to get "Open Corsair Link", which is the software solution to monitoring your fans in OSX.

As of now I am still lost when it comes to setting the power and properties. Many of the threads I found are a bit older which is a problem because with High Sierra Apple changed up the way ports are handled (i.e. why you have to use the USB inject all kext if you don't have a custom DDST.)

I'm in Mojave and I just set it so USB HS12 isn't functional so my corsair commander and the cooler is not seen in OSX but works fine in windows, now sleep works perfectly.

The pump works fine. You can use Corsair Link to set up the pump speed and the cooler basically remembers the settings. No need for Corsair Link to keep running all the time. I presume what keeps waking up the computer is the cooler sending some kind of updates on coolant temperature, fan and pump RPMs.

The simplest way to set up the Corsair on your hackintosh would be
  • Ignore the USB connection. Just leave it disconnected
  • Connect the fans directly to a fan header on the motherboard, so that fan speed can be controlled for these fans just as for any other fan. You might need a Y splitter for that, since as a 240mm radiator it comes with 2x120mm fans.
In that case the pump should always run at its default setting, which is full speed.

However, if you want the ability to occasionally check in on the pump and run Corsair Link inside a VM, while still being able to sleep OS X, see my previous posting.

My non-overclocked 4790k idles around 28 Celsius and compile jobs make it go up to maybe the low to mid fifties with the pump set to its lower setting.

My H110i v2 is setup as follows:
4 Noctua Chromax 120mm fans hooked to the motherboard managed by the BIOS
USB is not hooked up
Fan header for AIO pump is hooked up to 12v via fan to 4pin molex adapter.

If the drives are running, the pump is running. Basically the pump runs at full voltage 100% of the time. I didn't want to route the pump power through the motherboard.

I'm in Mojave and I just set it so USB HS12 isn't functional so my corsair commander and the cooler is not seen in OSX but works fine in windows, now sleep works perfectly.

When you set the cooler up in windows does it remember the setup when you reboot into osx? What about after a shutdown or sleep?

Yup, that's what I tried to do originally, but my problem is that I have two mobo headers that register under the same port (HS11 for me), so when I disable it it also disabled the other mobo port which I use for my wifi card.

When you set the cooler up in windows does it remember the setup when you reboot into osx? What about after a shutdown or sleep?

Sleep shutdown doesn't matter in this case. What do you mean by setup? You can set the RGB color to a specific settings and it will stay that way, but if your talking about setting custom fan curves in the corsair program in windows 10, then no. The fan curves you set through corsairs program are "activated" through correspondence via usb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back