Contribute
Register

Corsair H100i

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I stop the SP120 by hand (they're top mounted on my Carbide 500R) I can only hear the 500R exhaust fan. Not sure if the pump behaves differently when the radiator fans are stopped though. The the pump combined with SP120s is way quieter than a stock Intel CPU cooler.

I do not have high-pitch noise from the stock fans. My understanding is that this was a problem of a previous firmware and has been fixed. Also, my machine sleeps (manual) with the H100i plugged into USB.

Miles99, can we have a link/guide on installing this firmware and how your h100i is configured? I would like to see how yours is successful. o_O

How loud is the pump if you would be able to make the fans inaudible?!

From my understanding, the pump is very quiet and basically inaudible... the fans on the other hand... they can vary...

Here is the link to the latest firmware version 1.0.5: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=115836

My unit shipped with this version installed.

Here the description:
"The Firmware is listed bellow Version 1.05 for H80i and H100 Coolers.
This Version adds support for our PWM Fans and should work with most PWM Fans. Our Fan PN# is CO-8950002 and will correct the fan noise some have experienced.
If your cooler is working properly DO NOT do this update it is released to help solve a specific issue and not everyone will have to do this update."

My configuration is rather standard.
My unit is in installed at the top of a Corsair 600MT, the corsair stock fans in pull configuration (the heat sinks of my GA-Z77X-UD5H do not allow placing the fans below the radiator). Stock USB cable plugged into the board.
Rear and front fans as intake fans. All fans in quiet mode and I switch all of them into performance mode for long rendering jobs.

What case do you have? As this cooler will not fit on my ud5h :(

The motherboards heat sink is in the way

My case is a Corsair Graphite 600T. The radiator is top mounted with radiator fans in pull mode on the outside (there is a 240mm fan that needs to go).

BTW: I don't know what I did it but my build doesn't sleep anymore either. Instant wakeup.

I am thinking of using the H80i with my new hardware and afaik other than the radiator size these are the same unit.

I have a old Lian-Li case that I don't want to change so would have to mod a 120mm fan exit at the rear.

@piam what fitment problems do you have as my new board is the GA-Z77X-UD5H

Am I right in thinking that I can now use my two Noctua NF-P12 from my current cooler in PWM mode controlled by the motherboard? This I assume would also have no effect on sleep s you guys have already commented on.

How loud is the pump if you would be able to make the fans inaudible?!
I found the pump is the loudest component. I can't hear the fans until they go above 1,400RPMs on a Define R4.
I kinda want to buy a Noctua D14 just to test noise levels, since I don't really have a crazy overclock on my 3570k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back