Contribute
Register

Corsair H100i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any of you got the Link software working under VMware? Windows sees the cooler but doesn't read anything.

Hey guys. I want to CONFIRM that the Corsair Link software DOES WORK in vmware, simply attach the "Corsair Integrated USB" from the USB and Bluetooth menu, it works like a dream. In fact, enjoy this screenshot xD

http://grab.by/lV7a

I tried everything and it doesn't work.
Corsair is connected to VM in USB settings. Running XP and VMF 5.03. Did you add something else?

Wait, I believe the SP120 fans are 3 pin fans, and the waterblock has 4 pins, are they compatible like motherboards? or will they not work?:confused:

Got it to work under Win7 in VMware. I can confirm it's fully functional.

Alrighty thanks! :D
So hardware will work, but I have another question; Software. If I ONLY use OSX on my system and preferred to stay away from win software and vmware because I hate windows that much, would there be issues? Yes I do know you can't change RPM and His_tudness said it will work, however I heard there were some noise/speed/cooling issues with the default settings... is this true? just rumors I wanted to solidify...
Sorry for all the questions ^.^" thanks guys!

In my case the default settings were very quiet. However, this profile did not really cool my 3770k aggressively enough.
You will need Win once to change this. After that you can delete it :).

What may be "quiet" to some, may be overly loud to others. I can clearly hear the quiet edition fans and the stock H100i fans were really loud and had the high pitch fan engine noise. I guess the noise from these SP120 quiet fans might come from vibrations. I couldn't use 3 of the fan mounting screws because they don't dig in into the screw holes on the radiator. Anyway... I can hear the noise, but it's not nearly as bad as it was with the stock fans.

I wish there was a fix for the sleep issue when using the corsair link under OSX, though. Would make things perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back