Contribute
Register

Corsair H100i

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the pump is the loudest component. I can't hear the fans until they go above 1,400RPMs on a Define R4.
I kinda want to buy a Noctua D14 just to test noise levels, since I don't really have a crazy overclock on my 3570k.

I find that the pump is very loud for some reason in the R4 case. I'm not sure what it is about that case, perhaps because everything else is so quiet (lowering noise floor) and the pitch of the pump motor is just right to penetrate the case and sound insulation of the R4, but every time I try building something in an R4, I suggest air cooling or a closed loop with a different motor, because 3 times out of 3 times I tried to put a H100 or H80 in an R4, the pump noise is terrible.

Sorry to bring up an old thread guys, but i am curious about the corsair h100i as i just bought one. from what i am reading it seems that the unit will not be able to self adjust fan speed, but could I just run the fans to my fan controller and gain a bit of manual control over the unit then?

You can connect to the motherboard. This will miraclously lower the pump noise.

I recommend getting silent performance fans, though. I've had my system running H100i with SP fans for a good while now and there is very little noise.

I installed my H100 radiator outside of the cabinet in my Pro Audio Build.
78731-cooler-mounted.jpg
I'm not planning to putting any fans on the H100 for this non-overclocked build. Also notice the fanless power supply. There's plenty of air behind my equipment rack and the server cabinet is much deeper than everything else so there's no other heat sources. I put one fan on for my bench tests and it doesn't even come on. I'll be keeping an eye on it but so far so good.

Anyone found a fix for this yet?
"Fully functional mac/hackintosh + fan control?"

bump, has anyone got sleep to work with the h100i yet?

Same issue here. Instant wake up, so sleep doesn't work with the Corsair Link connected.

Hello, hope you guys are still on from time to time.
I think there are, or you could make something that would basically switch the USB on and off for you. Shouldn't be too hard. Then you can flip the switch while you're waiting for Mac OS or Windows OS to start up or shut down. you could use some old DKM as long as it has usb

My question is more about the H100i. Well more clarification really. Lets say I get it all set up in windows, then switch to mac OS, and unplug usb forever. Will it just follow some fan curve I set up in windows forever? will it just spin 100% or some other constant all the time?
Then what If I just plug the fans into my mobo fan headers, and the pump into anther fan header, can I just use my own fan headers adjustments to adjust the pump?

Thanks
Benjamin Kier

EDIT: ya sorry I accidentally skipped pages 2-4 while reading this the first time (I must have accidentally hit the last page button instead of the next page one. How about a "put this all on one page option? this would sure make it a lot easier to search for answers to questions within a thread) . Its great that it works in VMware/ Parallels, but sad it wont let it sleep, this is not an issue for me though (since sleep doesn't work for some other unknown reason). What I want to know is if anyone has tried a wine bottle? I think that might be a great solution for everything except the sleep issue sadly. I'll keep thinking that one over.

Bump, Would like to know this also. I'm thinking to just run my fans of the mobo and unplug the usb alltogether

Hello, hope you guys are still on from time to time.
I think there are, or you could make something that would basically switch the USB on and off for you. Shouldn't be too hard. Then you can flip the switch while you're waiting for Mac OS or Windows OS to start up or shut down. you could use some old DKM as long as it has usb

My question is more about the H100i. Well more clarification really. Lets say I get it all set up in windows, then switch to mac OS, and unplug usb forever. Will it just follow some fan curve I set up in windows forever? will it just spin 100% or some other constant all the time?
Then what If I just plug the fans into my mobo fan headers, and the pump into anther fan header, can I just use my own fan headers adjustments to adjust the pump?

Thanks
Benjamin Kier

two answers:
for the guys who's build won't sleep for other reasons, did you just unplug the usb header or the actually usb from the cpu block too because i found on mine that it still won't sleep if the usb is in the block too.
For the fan controller guy, i have my noctua fans in a fan controller and they seem to work fine with the h100i and the pump still runs (i feel vibration in the tubes so issue it is) and i have no issues, i prefer it as i can manually control them and with the noctua fans they run almost silently until the second highest setting and then on max you can hear them
hop i helped :)

Bumping this thread as I built a new 2015 Skylake hackintosh with the H100iGTX.

Sleep doesn't work yet for Skylake as of this post but I am dual-booting and currently keep the USB header for the Corsair always plugged in.

With the recent USB developments with El Capitan, I'm sure there would be a way to intentionally "break" or "remove" that internal USB port, via reverse-engineering these methods for enabling USB ports:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

(Might I recommend method 3 on that guide - via removing the suspected USB port for your Mac SMBIOS model identifier in the proper USB info.plist added to the dummy file)

Once (if ever) sleep is working in Skylake I will try to turn off the internal port with the Corsair. But for now having it plugged into USB makes no difference for me. It shows in Apple System Profiler but there will never be official drivers written for it unless they are homebrew drivers from our community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back