Register

Corsair H100i

Motherboard
Windows 10/OSX
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 1060
[h=1]Corsair H100i[/h]Has anyone tried it? Will it work properly on a Dual Booted Windowtosh? Are there any problems with it?

Motherboard
Macbook Pro
CPU
2.66Ghz Intel i7
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
It works well save for one caveat. On my motherboard, GA-Z77-UD5H, if i have the Corsair Link (which is now part of the H100i) plugged into the USB header it causes an instant-wake. I asked for some support on the Gen Help forum but no one seems to have a solution. It works well in Windows too. I have all my fans plugged into it and can adjust the speed accordingly. Also changing the LED color on the unit is saved inside the pump so even after fresh installing windows and OSX it preserves the set color.

My workaround now has been my SSD, my boot times are fast enough that im not using sleep in OSX...sadly...if someone has a solution for this it would be amazing.

Shant

Motherboard
Windows 10/OSX
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 1060
It works well save for one caveat. On my motherboard, GA-Z77-UD5H, if i have the Corsair Link (which is now part of the H100i) plugged into the USB header it causes an instant-wake. I asked for some support on the Gen Help forum but no one seems to have a solution. It works well in Windows too. I have all my fans plugged into it and can adjust the speed accordingly. Also changing the LED color on the unit is saved inside the pump so even after fresh installing windows and OSX it preserves the set color.

My workaround now has been my SSD, my boot times are fast enough that im not using sleep in OSX...sadly...if someone has a solution for this it would be amazing.

Shant
So no sleep for OSX, thats a shame. But I suppose if the boot time is super fast it can't be all that bad. Hopefully that will be fixed or figured out soon.

Do you know if will Windows sleep?

Also, do you know if the Link on the H100i will also control other LEDs? Or would I have to purchase the Link Commander?

Motherboard
Macbook Pro
CPU
2.66Ghz Intel i7
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Yea, Windows sleeps fine. The other work around is to just unplug the USB Header when I dont need it. I dont constantly sit and change around the Corsair Link settings so unplugging it make it work 100%. I mean its pretty un-necessary to have the Corsair Link plugged in for OSX as it doesn't provide anything at all. So simply unplugging it makes sleep function properly.

I was trying to find out if there was a way to disable the specific USB header in OSX as to prevent me from having to unplug all the time. Hopefully someone will chime in about that..

Im not sure about other LED's...sorry :(

Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
Intel i5 3570k
Graphics
HD4000 / GT 640
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
i just ordered one to replace my h100
i emailed corsair support and i got the following response
Sorry to inform you that H100i does not support MacOS at all. Thank you.
So i need to setup all my settings in windows before i boot up OS X? I have been reading online that most people are informed to update the firmware on their h100i

Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
Intel i5 3570k
Graphics
HD4000 / GT 640
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
the Corsair link gets recognized by OS X in system report. Hopefully a corsair link for OS X comes out soon. I am going to try controlling it thru VMware and see if it works. The H100 is noticeably louder than the H100

Attachments

Motherboard
Macbook Pro
CPU
2.66Ghz Intel i7
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
So it works fine sans-Windows. I booted into OSX way before i installed windows, its just the Link software doesn't work with OSX.

In regards to the noisiness there was a firmware update that fixed it. mine is incredibly quiet. i was so shocked at the sound difference, i hardly know my computer is on now. :D

http://www.corsair.com/us/cpu-cooli...0i-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html <<Under Downloads

The catch is you need windows and the corsair link software installed to update the firmware. And i would doubt the software will ever be released for OSX. My only gripe is the Sleep issue. OSX does recognize the presence of the USB input but there is no way to communicate to it...unless someone know how to make drivers/interface for it.

Im still trying to figure out a way to have the H100i plugged in and have sleep....but its a no go so far.

Motherboard
Windows 10/OSX
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 1060
thanks for the advice guys, so it just sounds like im going to need windows to update the h100i so that it won't make alot of noise. Also, the Mac OS won't sleep. right?