Contribute
Register

Corsair H100i stocks fans run at high RPM all the time on OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using the H100i in my X99M Killer build and have fan control by connecting the fans together with a Y splitter and connecting them to the mainboard primary CPU fan connector. I have the speed control input from the cooler pump connected to the secondary CPU fan connector. This seems to work out quite well after the initial boot surge at full speed for both has settled down to operating speeds.
It does no good to set the H100i up in Win10 and boot to OS X and expect it to work - it does not.
It does work in Win10 if you want to have it working when you boot Win10 and just let it run at 100% in OS X all the time if you dual boot.

Hey all,

I just finished setting up my H100i v2 cooler in my build. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but the suggestion from @His_Tudness in the steps above seems totally wrong to me (and I believe they are taken directly from a different thread on the H110i GT). Wouldn't they cause you to not have the pump powered at all?

I am doing basically what @Going Bald suggested and connected the pump to the CPU_FAN and the fans joined with a Y cable into the CPU_OPT port. It seems to be ramping the fans properly now.

I did notice if I boot into Windows the pump runs closer to around 2200rpm whereas in the bios (and as reported in macOS) it is running closer to 1500rpm. I guess the Corsair Link software causes it to run higher...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back