1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,
Just installed the H100i on a UD5H and i5 3570 and the fans are screaming loud at full rpm as soon as I turn on the machine and it doesn't let up no matter what. Now I can't control the fans with the corsair link due to the fact that it only works on windows os and I'm running mountain lion. Does anyone have any ideas how to control the fans to get them to a reasonable level? Maybe even have the cpu throttle them up and down as needed? Right now I have the main fan plug from the H100i plugged into the CPU fan header on the motherboard and the two stock corsair fans plugged into the h100i. I would appreciate any help :thumbup:

Have you tried something like THIS?

I received and installed my H100i today. Haven't tried in windows 8 yet, but the fans are quite noisy in Mountain Lion and there's a high pitch noise which goes on and off/down randomly coming from the fan engines.

RPM from iStatMenus:
F0Ac ~2300 rpm
F1Ac ~1200 rpm

The fans could be louder, because on the max rpm they are like a tornado. I'd still like them to be more quiet though.

I ended up getting the quieter SP120 fans. They are much quieter. I also changed the fan orientation, now they are mounted under the rad, blowing the air up. Seems to be the better solution. I never updated the firmware, because there was no such option.

One issue remains. I can't keep the CorsairLink connected to the internal USB because it won't let my computer sleep. I just keep it disconnected and reconnect if I want to adjust the settings in the Corsair Link software.

I ended up getting the quieter SP120 fans. They are much quieter. I also changed the fan orientation, now they are mounted under the rad, blowing the air up. Seems to be the better solution. I never updated the firmware, because there was no such option.

One issue remains. I can't keep the CorsairLink connected to the internal USB because it won't let my computer sleep. I just keep it disconnected and reconnect if I want to adjust the settings in the Corsair Link software.
Thanks for your reply.
Honestly this was a cold shower because I bought the components in May but just assembled them, without installing ML. Then looking around for info about H100i I discovered the issue :cry:
Going back in my memory, perhaps the mistake was not mine but of the online shop who received an order for a H100 but sent me a H100i, believing it was better :mrgreen:
Anyway, the only thing I can do is attempting a ML retail installation and seeing what happens... If the cooler is way too noisy I'll attempt a firmware upgrade through Windows 7.

About sleeping... well, it's not really important to me. I need a powerful computer that doesn't sleep at all :D

I am currently having this problem, but in a bit of a different way.

H100i
Mountain Lion
2600k @ 4.0ghz

I do not use sleep. When I leave my computer on for a an hour or so without activity, the H100i spins up and blasts at full RPM. On and off, on and off, intervals of about 30 seconds.

Really odd. Doesn't happen on windows. Anyone know what's happening?

Any success using parallels to run the software?

Anybody with this cooler and issues, check this out (a partial quote of a post in insanelymac forums):

"...
The pump connects to a USB2.0 internal port for Corsair Link features such as LED light color adjustment. This connection becomes useless in Mac OS since we don't have Corsair Link support. This causes 2 problems:

1) The automatic fan speeds and custom RPM curves don't seem to work in Mac OS, so the fans don't speed up automatically when the CPU temperature rises.

2) The Link always tries to maintain connection with the software (which is not present when the system is currently running OS X). This completely messes up sleep. The moment the Hackintosh goes to sleep, it is instantly and automatically awakened by a some kind of refresh signal from the pump. The console shows something like this:

Wake reason: XHC
The USB device HubDevice (Port 4 of Hub at 0x14000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

The solution to both problems (a new 110i GT Hackintosh installation should also follow these steps after following Corsair's installation guide):

1) Boot into Windows. (Yes, if you don't have Windows installed you will have a hard time with your H110i GT.)
2) Finalize your pump speed and LED color settings in the Corsair Link software. I recommend putting the pump in performance mode, to prevent having to change it from quiet mode a some point, which will be cumbersome as you will see in the next step.
3) Shut down Windows.
4) Remove the cable running from the pump to the internal USB2.0 port. This means unplugging it and taking it out of the case. As a Hackintosher, you will no longer need it unless when you need to change the pump speed or lighting color. Removing the Link cable is necessary for sleep to work in OS X.
5) Unplug the 3-pin fan connector cable going from the pump to the CPU_FAN port.
6) Unplug the 4-pin fan headers, of the 2 radiator fans, from splitter going from the pump. Plug the 4-pin fan headers directly into the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT ports so that the radiator fans' RPM can be directly controlled by the BIOS instead of Corsair's software solution (crucial for using Mac OS).
7) Boot into the BIOS and set your RPM curves for CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT.
8) Boot into Mac OS and do a CPU stress test to make sure the workaround the working well for you."

I can't remember if I did this or not, but at least my system has been working for all this time. HWMonitor shows CPU fan RPM @ 19rpm, so I don't think I have everything set up properly. :D Also, my CPU temps are quite high, around 38-40°C at idle. I suspect it's the thermal compound. Gotta apply new thermal paste and check that everything is set up properly.

I have been putting off installing the H100i v2 I got for my Hack. I wanted to get it working and make sure the hardware was all good in case I got a bad part and had to disassemble to replace something that was bad out of the box. So, I put the build together using the stock CPU cooler that came with the i7.

Pretty happy with the results so far. There have been some frustrating moments, but thanks to the information and help from this forum answers are available most of the time.

One of my concerns about installing the H100i is being able to control or the fans from within Mac OS (El Capitan) since Corsair's software only works in Windows. I have used iStats Menus for years. On my MacBook Pro I can control the fan speeds but that doesn't work with this build.

I found a menubar app that works in the Hack build that is interesting. It even includes a way of controlling how quickly the fans ramp up and at what temperatures. I'm hoping that it will work with the H100 as I'm not crazy about investing in a copy of Windows and only use it to set up the H100i.

The app is called TG Pro made by Tunabelly Software. (https://www.tunabellysoftware.com/tgpro/) There is a free trial and i was impressed enough to pay for a license even if it does't solve the issue with the H100i fan speed adjustment. The visual for sensor temperatures including historic max temperature alone is worth the admission price imho.

Curious to find out if anyone has used this app and would welcome hearing any thoughts about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back