3.1Ghz i5
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

Yesterday I was looking into the BIOS to see if the memory speed steps was right.
It was on auto, so I manualy set it to the specs it should have.

Then I then booted, I get an load-bar under the apple logo 2 times and nothing happend, but after some time the mashine shut down.

I tried to set the BIOS back to auto, same happend.
Could not boot from the iBoot cd ether.

I tried to boot from iBoot and then OSX disk, and the disktool sees the disk, but it tells me it cant vertify or repair the disk :cry:

I dont know if it was the things I did in BIOS that caused this, or something else.

Anyone seen this before?

HI again :)

I installed 2 spare drives I got and installed OSX fresh on one of them.
Lucky, all the data on the corrupt one was readable and I cloned that onto the 2.nd spare drive and no data loss :D

By the way, with the DSDT from the base, I get KP at shutdown.
I tried an DSDT I got from an friend (it got some less code in the CPU part, I think its only work with the i7-930, and some other tweks) and with that shutdown works right.

Maybe Im missing another file for shutdown to work with TonyMac DSDT, or maybe something for you guyes to look into.

HI again :)

I have now found out that this custom dont like to goto sleep.
The sleep works, but then it comes out, sometimes it wont (I hear the mashine start, but nothing on screen) or everything freez after some time if it wake up right so I have to use power switch to start over.

Sometimes then this happens, the BIOS resets some settings, if I go into it it say it has reset some settings because of overclocking (that I dont use)

If I then set the bios back to what I use, I get an load-bar then OSX boot (same bar as if you do an EFI upgrade on an real Mac)

I dont know if its 10.6.5 that does this, or the version of Chameleion I use.

All I know is that then I ran 10.6.4 and Chameleion 2.0 RC4, it worked right.

Now I use Chameleion RC5 ATI verson (r486)

Anyone else notised problems with this version of Chameleion then it comes to sleep?

It sounds like you have a corrupted /S/L/E cache and the box is booting in safe mode "-x".

Delete all of the startup caches and rebuild.

Thanks for the reply :)
How do I delete startup cache on an custom?
:oops:

svar said:
Thanks for the reply :)
How do I delete startup cache on an custom?
:oops:
You can delete them by hand and then run MultiBeast System Utilities.

I cant find any cache files (or not any I reconise as cache files) under /S/L/E, but I find a lot under /S/L/Caches folder.

svar said:
I cant find any cache files (or not any I reconise as cache files) under /S/L/E, but I find a lot under /S/L/Caches folder.
The correct location is /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back