i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings!

I am writing from my newly installed El Capitan installation! :)

I am in the process of post-inqtallation goodies and have a strict question relative to the HD 630 graphics on the Kaby Lake chipset.

I have set up Multi-Beast to load the 530 drivers (Per Stork's HERO build, which I have been following/using).
I have entered in Clover's config.plist the fake id for the IntelGFX - 0x19168086
Inject Intel is TRUE, and the current ig-platform-id is 0x19120000 (probably courtesy MultiBeast)

My next question is, what do I need to do next (I have not rebooted yet)?

Thanks!

Jon

Thanks! For whatever reason, that thread didn't come up in search results (probably because I was looking for the wrong terms).

Sorry, I'm exhausted today, so I screwed up the kext install - how do I get to the desktop to undo my stupidity?

Sorry, I'm exhausted today, so I screwed up the kext install - how do I get to the desktop to undo my stupidity?
Try to boot in safe mode (-x) in Clover and remove the kexts.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Safe Mode (-x)

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that failed. I get hung up on at ACP (image forthcoming). I'm leaning to a reinstall... :/ EDIT: it is the same no matter the boot option I use... Sometimes there's an "I" following the "ACP" ;)

IMG_2062.JPG

Yes, I am aware. A big part of the reason I'm reinstalling is because I cannot get to the files requested (I'm placing copies of what I can in a folder on the install key). Unless you know of a way to get to the actual disk to extract them...

Connect the HDD to a computer that is working, or use a USB stick to boot your system...
The collect the EFI/Clover causing the problem and attach.
Also, the EFI partition is FAT32 and can be accessed from Windows or Linux.

Thank you - I was able to use the install USB to get at and copy the CLOVER folder to that USB (though it could have gone to just about anywhere once I learned how).

I have created a new thread to address this issue as I don't believe it is graphics related any more. It is here.

WARNING: The below information is to be used AT YOUR OWN RISK. I believe this is all correct, let me know if anything needs to be changed.

The method used to copy said folder (for anyone new to this):

1. Start your USB installation media.
2. Choose your language (in my case English).
3. DO NOT click CONTINUE when asked whether you wish to install...
4. ...Instead, in the upper left, choose Utility->Terminal
5. First thing to do is type:
Code:
mount -uw /
That puts the filesystem in a writable mode. WARNING: If you are NOT careful, you can really screw things up!!!

6. Next, type:
Code:
diskutil list
And note where your EFI partition is listed. It will be something like "disk0s1" or so (depending upon your setup).

7. Then type
Code:
mkdir /Volumes/EFI
This creates a "mount point" for the EFI partition.

8. Then type
Code:
mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI
Remember, 'disk0s1' is where your EFI partition is located

9. Now type
Code:
cd /Volumes/EFI
then
Code:
ls
and note the folder structure. You should see EFI there (which means CLOVER is right under it).

10. Now you can copy that CLOVER folder to your USB stick:
Code:
cp -R /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER /Volumes/YourUSBStick/

11. Double check that the folder copied over:
Code:
cd /Volumes/YourUSBStick/CLOVER
If you had been able to change to that folder, likely the files copied, but, you can go a little further to be really sure:
Code:
ls
And that will display your files/folders within CLOVER.

After you have Clover copied to your USB stick, you can shut the system off, remove your key and put that in an operating computer to manipulate the files as needed.

To overwrite, simply follow the same procedure, but reverse the copy paths - again, be certain of your action!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back