Contribute
Register

Core i7 showing up as core i5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using nvenabler.

Strangely, when I first installed 10.6.3 it was actually sleeping fine with both monitors. I had it over-clocked at the time, but I found aperture to be a bit unstable and giving me occasional panics. After I changed the bios back to stock speed, the panics have gone away, and the no sleep dual monitor issue has started.
:confused:

Perhaps i should update my bios?

OK weird update, for some reason the computer has started to sleep while both monitors are on!?....I haven't changed anything....I just tried it four times, sleep wake sleep wake etc and no worries.

I am also pleased to report that using a USB hub from my monitor fixed the usb not working after wake issue, which now removes the need to use the power button to wake up!

I am going to reboot now and see if sleep still works!

:wave:

:x upon reboot, the dual monitor sleep issue has returned :cry:

I tried both the option apple eject shortcut, and the regular from the menu sleep.

How weird is this?

I have found recently that if i boot into windows, I experience the same issue, so maybe something to do with the bios?
:problem:

Yep it only happens if both monitors are switched on. It tries to sleep and then instantly wakes up. I can turn off either monitor and it sleeps fine......

The really strange thing is that after I updated to 1063 for about a week it slept fine with both monitors on! I thought I had the problem fixed....

im scared if I update the bios I might break something....

I tried swapping the graphics card today, for a cheaper and crappier 8400GS, and the computer dual screen sleeping problem has gone away.....

So the answer was, it was the 9800GTX card causing the problem. I imagine it must be something to do with the power it was drawing.

I might stick with this cheaper card now, as it has no fan, and with my water cooled CPU my desktop is as loud as a laptop! sweeeet...

I don't use it to play games, just photoshop mostly and that relies on CPU I think..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back