Contribute
Register

Core i7-3970X, GA-X79-UD5 Monster SSD Build, Geekbench Score: 20313

Status
Not open for further replies.
Core i7-3970X Monster SSD Build, Geekbench Score: 20313

I don't boot with cpus=1. :)

The only kernel flag I have is npci=0x2000. :)

/ gx

Hi. I'm glad I can find someone who has my CPU, for I cannot seem to boot without cpus=1.

I know someone earlier in this thread had this problem, but it was unclear exactly how he solved it. Some kext?

Thanks in advance

ok here's my dilemma now

I can boot without cpus=1 but my cpu can't run at its full potential. My cpu scores on novabench are 0 and video editing is impossible.

Thanks in advance

Hi guys, my specs are:

i7 3970x
Asus rampage 4 extreme (bios 4206)
16gb geil evo veloce 2133MHz
74gb wdraptor sata hd

i've been able to get Maverick up and running, but i have some little annoying problems:

1- randomly the system hangs-up, colored screen and no response at all, all i can do i press the reset button

2- the cpu multiplier is always set to x35, no adaptive multiplier (usually in windows it goes down to x12 when not under load)

anyone experiencing these problems?

Hi guys, my specs are:

i7 3970x
Asus rampage 4 extreme (bios 4206)
16gb geil evo veloce 2133MHz
74gb wdraptor sata hd

i've been able to get Maverick up and running, but i have some little annoying problems:

1- randomly the system hangs-up, colored screen and no response at all, all i can do i press the reset button

2- the cpu multiplier is always set to x35, no adaptive multiplier (usually in windows it goes down to x12 when not under load)

anyone experiencing these problems?

You'll probably want to read this thread and ask ?'s too. http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...page-iv-extreme-core-i7-3930k-successful.html

Hi trs, i've read that thread, i've followed that procedure too but the random freezes are always there, i've tried about 4 different install/post install procedures, all of them gave me these annoying freezes.. i've also tried to lower the RAM clocks and timings, no luck, maybe after 1h or maybe just right after booting into the os the freezes are there.. btw i'll try to ask in that thread too, thanks!

ok here's my dilemma now

I can boot without cpus=1 but my cpu can't run at its full potential. My cpu scores on novabench are 0 and video editing is impossible.

Thanks in advance

Have you tried installing VoodooTSCSync.kext?

You should try that. :)

/ gx

I have basically the same build. I started the computer up one day and have the following issues:

-keyboard is unable to enter flags during startup
-internet is not working. which driver do you install?
appleIntelE1000e (v2.4.14, v2.5.4d, v3.0.4.1a, 3.1.0)....I am very confused what the differences are which ones I should use

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back