Contribute
Register

Core i7-3970X, GA-X79-UD5 Monster SSD Build, Geekbench Score: 20313

Status
Not open for further replies.
Core i7-3970X Monster SSD Build, Geekbench Score: 20313

Hi Gx

Been awhile and the computer has been running like a dream...until recently when all of my apps can no longer connect to the internet. I am able to connect via the browser but apps like dropbox and video plugins can not connect to either sync or register. Any thoughts on this issue?

Hi Gx

Been awhile and the computer has been running like a dream...until recently when all of my apps can no longer connect to the internet. I am able to connect via the browser but apps like dropbox and video plugins can not connect to either sync or register. Any thoughts on this issue?

Hi Dnk -

Hmm... I would check your network settings. Perhaps try entering manual DNS IP addresses?
I use OpenDNS servers:

Let me know if that changes anything.

/ gx

Hi All -

Just a quick update:

I am not able to get 10.8.5 working properly on this build, so I'm stuck at 10.8.4.
If anyone is using the same specs (motherboard, BIOS version, etc.) and has 10.8.5 working, please post here and let me know.

Thanks!

/ gx

Hi All -

Just a quick update:

I am not able to get 10.8.5 working properly on this build, so I'm stuck at 10.8.4.
If anyone is using the same specs (motherboard, BIOS version, etc.) and has 10.8.5 working, please post here and let me know.

Thanks!

/ gx

GXSolace,

were are you able to get 10.8.5 working properly on this build?

i am currently in the middle of a build for a client and have yet to get to the install screen yet. I have used this board previously with no issues so I am thinking I may need to flash back to an older Bios as the board currently uses F16. I have tried the following with no luck:

npci=0x3000
GraphicsEnabler=No
CPUS=1
-v
-x
-f

Have not tried UseKernelCache=No yet, but will do after work today.

The build is:

GA-X79-UD3
i7-3280
32GB RAM
GTX760
1TB HDD

Would you suggest I flash the bios back? If yes, What versions should I look for?

i a have a couple working Unibeast USBs one 10.8.3 and one 10.8.5, would you suggest using 10.8.3 at this point?

Any other advice or anything I may have missed?

Spang

Hi Spang -

I was not able to get it to boot properly with 10.8.5 but I'm starting to suspect that it might be due to some custom kext for one of my oddball pieces of hardware. I am certain it's a conflicting kext.

As far as reverting back to an earlier BIOS revision, you could make -- or have someone make -- a custom DSDT for your F16 BIOS. F12 seems like a stable BIOS to revert back to.

For your installation process, try booting with these flags:
-x npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0

That should get you to the setup screen where you can install OS X.

Let me know how it goes!

/ gx

GXSolace,

were are you able to get 10.8.5 working properly on this build?

i am currently in the middle of a build for a client and have yet to get to the install screen yet. I have used this board previously with no issues so I am thinking I may need to flash back to an older Bios as the board currently uses F16. I have tried the following with no luck:

npci=0x3000
GraphicsEnabler=No
CPUS=1
-v
-x
-f

Have not tried UseKernelCache=No yet, but will do after work today.

The build is:

GA-X79-UD3
i7-3280
32GB RAM
GTX760
1TB HDD

Would you suggest I flash the bios back? If yes, What versions should I look for?

i a have a couple working Unibeast USBs one 10.8.3 and one 10.8.5, would you suggest using 10.8.3 at this point?

Any other advice or anything I may have missed?

Spang

GX

Wanted to thank you for the reply and help:) Got system all up and installed:) Everything works.

For install I had to use:

npci=0x3000 (changed it to 0x2000 after Multibeast to get audio working)
cpus=1

After install I used Multibeast for audio and ethernet( changing the npci=0x3000 to npci=0x2000). I then used the VoodooTSCSync.kext and was able to remove the cpus=1 flag. I also had to change the GrapphicsEnabler=yes to =No

Could not have done this without all the help and posts on this forum.

Peace
Love
Spang

Glad you got it all squared away and working! :)

Feel free to ping back here if something comes up.

/ gx

GX

Wanted to thank you for the reply and help:) Got system all up and installed:) Everything works.

For install I had to use:

npci=0x3000 (changed it to 0x2000 after Multibeast to get audio working)
cpus=1

After install I used Multibeast for audio and ethernet( changing the npci=0x3000 to npci=0x2000). I then used the VoodooTSCSync.kext and was able to remove the cpus=1 flag. I also had to change the GrapphicsEnabler=yes to =No

Could not have done this without all the help and posts on this forum.

Peace
Love
Spang

Hi All -

I've made major edits to my original post.
The system has had some hardware changes to it, as well as running on the official release of Mac OS X Mavericks with no problems at all.

For the updates, please see the original post and what I did.

/ gx

Hi. I'm glad I can find someone who has my CPU, for I cannot seem to boot without cpus=1.

I know someone earlier in this thread had this problem, but it was unclear exactly how he solved it. Some kext?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back