Contribute
Register

Core i7-3970X, GA-X79-UD5 Monster SSD Build, Geekbench Score: 20313

Status
Not open for further replies.
Core i7-3970X Monster SSD Build, Geekbench Score: 20313

Use Unigine's benchmark called "Heaven."

While running the benchmark you coul open HWmonitor which should be able to display GPU, shader and memory clocks.

End of day failure comments
I was able to boot using UseKernalCache=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
Changed my .plist to reflect the above as well as npci=0x3000

Audio did not work. But I need it to work so I tried to follow the optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx post; my problem is that DSDT’s are always mentioned yet with all of the various ones floating around I don’t know which one to use.

I put the DSDT to desktop, ran MB and then installed the two ktexts (all per <a href="http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61166-ga-x79-ud3-success.html">this thread</a>. Restarted and no audio

I am unable to create my own DSDT’s as DSDTE freezes every time I launch it.

For some reason I then decided to change all my .plist information and follow the steps from <a href="http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61166-ga-x79-ud3-success.html"> drakenabarion </a>. Now my system will not boot (spinning circle on startup) and I can’t figure out why.

I used ccc to clone the SSD when the system was booting but for some reason when trying to boot to those disks I have the same spinning wheel. I might have to start over as I have been at it all day and now can’t boot. I thought this board/processor/video card was supposed to work out of the box. Would love to hear what people think I am missing.

Update: "Successful" install
The solution was to install all of the MB settings with the exception of the FakeSMC with plugins. The computer would then boot to a black screen until I added <string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0</string> to my .plist. KernelCache issue, audio, and OpenGL. The first geekbench score was 17774 (attached)

First Post-Kernel Crashing

Hi gxsolace. I got the install to boot my altering my USB stick with your final .plist. I moved the SSD to another slot which allowed me to reformat. This is where I stand and could really use some advice as I am following the instructions and am still getting kernal panic after MB reboot (I have attached the panic shots):
1.installed and combo update: by using UseKernelCache=No and GraphicsEnabler=NO
2. run MB and use the following as per your post:
User DSDT (no DSDT)
TRIM Enabler Patch (for 10.8.1+)
AppleIntelE1000 Ethernet
FakeSMC with plugins
HWMonitor App
3.At this point if I restart I get a Kernal panic and can't figure out how to start up/I have to start over.

I have tried:
1. HWMonitor will NOT crash the system if you delete the GPUMonitors.kext from inside FakeSMC.kext. There is no GPUMonitors.ktext, but there is GPUsensors.ktext so I deleted that. Still Kernal Panic
2. Even though I never got still waiting for root device I tried the following patch so that I could run with UseKernelCache=Yes (http://blog.yerkanian.com/2012/09/2...for-root-device-on-os-x-10-8-2-mountain-lion/). This also did nothing
3. I have been all over the internet and am using the following as another reference, but just can't figure it out: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61166-ga-x79-ud3-success.html

Hi Dnk -

You must use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. That will solve your problem. :)

/ gx

Thanks gx, that did solve the issue.

The problem that I am getting now is that the computer will reboot automatically after I "shut down". Can you think of anything related to the components in your build that might be giving me issues?

The problem that I am getting now is that the computer will reboot automatically after I "shut down". Can you think of anything related to the components in your build that might be giving me issues?
Is Wake On LAN enabled? Is it an optical drive waking the system up somehow during the shutdown? My 2c is on WOL...

wake on LAN is disabled. AC BACK is "Always Off" (not sure if this matters). There is no optical drive attached to the system

Something else that is telling is that the rear USB3.0 ports no longer function and I added a second monitor

wake on LAN is disabled. AC BACK is "Always Off" (not sure if this matters). There is no optical drive attached to the system

Something else that is telling is that the rear USB3.0 ports no longer function and I added a second monitor

Hmm, I'm not sure what could be causing the problem.
Where did you get the DSDT that you're using?

/ gx

Dnk -

Try using the attachment in this post. It's my Extra folder.
Let me know how that goes. :)

/ gx

Attachments

• Extra.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 73

WTF? Do you really want someone else to be using "your" serial number?
Also note that the chameleon plist there sets things up for 2560x1600: Dnk might need to change a few things before using that.

WTF? Do you really want someone else to be using "your" serial number?
Also note that the chameleon plist there sets things up for 2560x1600: Dnk might need to change a few things before using that.

I totally forgot about the smbios. Changed it now.
Thanks. :)

/ gx

Should I install the DSDT through MB (setting it on the harddrive) or just replace the DSDT that is in my extra folder? The issue that I am working with right now is that I am unable to install any third party plugins; which is strange. That being said the rear USB3.0 port is misteriously working again, so I want to install memtest to rule out a memory issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back