Contribute
Register

Core I5-3470 Dell Optiplex 7010 8GB/1TB $330 at Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA8XK4589908&cm_re=optiplex_7010_3770-_-9SIA8XK4589908-_-Product

Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF PC
These Ivy Bridge desktops are about as easy to Hackintosh as the HP Elite 8300 SFFs. *** When you add a small, inexpensive SSD boot drive for macOS you've got a really fast Core I7 CustoMac for much less than you could build one for. Another nice option is the ability to run dual monitors off of the two onboard Displayport outputs. The HD4000 integrated graphics chip is capable of this.

Thanks for the tip-off trs96

I've taken the plunge and ordered the (Haswell) Optiplex 9020 SFF. i7 4790.

The whole system cost less than a new cpu (from my neck of the woods). Nice.

The unique form factor makes for some 'interesting' choices in gpu's...

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1066840/Dell-Optiplex-9020.html?page=9#manual

Anyway, this looks like a worthy challenge for my first hack.

As Wendell says "It'll be fine" ;)

I haven't seen any guides for the 9020 but I'm sure it can be done. May just take a little more work on your part. That's what makes this so much fun, solving problems. Installing Windows is so boring these days.

I can attest that this model is very easy to hack. They hack into a MacMini and there is just enough room above the existing HDD for an SSD. They're pretty quick and make for a fairly speedy machine. One thing I would recommend is a DisplayPort to DVI convertor. Once you have that you can use the onboard graphics with Clover.

I can attest that this model is very easy to hack. would recommend is a DisplayPort to DVI convertor. Once you have that you can use the onboard graphics with Clover.

Thank you. I have a display port monitor.

Have also skimmed CodeRush's bios utilities, which (theoretically) looks like the superior method, albeit with 1000% more effort upfront.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back