1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The company I work for just had me build a sweet new Ivy Bridge-E rig following Shilohs golden builds guide. We haven't come to this point yet, but we have a disk image that has all of our applications installed and updated already (and there are a ton of apps with license keys, etc.)....

I know that obviously copying this disk image directly over to the hackintosh (from a legit mac pro setup) will cause it not to boot due to the various modified kexts and preferences.

My question is straightforward: If I modify the existing disk image to include all of the kexts/preferences that Chameleon/multibeast modifies, should I expect it to work? (And how do I go about finding out every single file that was modified?)

Or am I completely missing something in the concept of this being possible?

The company I work for just had me build a sweet new Ivy Bridge-E rig following Shilohs golden builds guide. We haven't come to this point yet, but we have a disk image that has all of our applications installed and updated already (and there are a ton of apps with license keys, etc.)....

I know that obviously copying this disk image directly over to the hackintosh (from a legit mac pro setup) will cause it not to boot due to the various modified kexts and preferences.

My question is straightforward: If I modify the existing disk image to include all of the kexts/preferences that Chameleon/multibeast modifies, should I expect it to work? (And how do I go about finding out every single file that was modified?)

Or am I completely missing something in the concept of this being possible?

Suggest you install a SSD in an external case or use something like http://www.amazon.com/Drive-Adapter-Converter-Optical-External/dp/B001OORMVQ/ or the SSD-to-USB adapter that comes with some SSDs to connect a drive to your Mac and restore the image to the drive. Then you can either install Chimera or Clover (just change the destination target drive in the installer, being careful not to choose the Mac HDD/SSD) and install the drive in its new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back