Z170m-D3H
CPU
Intal Skylake 6700
Graphics
Gigabye GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Hello there,

I have a working hackintosh running High Sierra
I would like to make a clean instal on another drive in the same system
After making the USB with Unibeast I copied the EFI from my working drive into the EFI partition of the USB, but I can't get to clover from the USB, any idea why ?

I tried to boot without copying the EFI, just the one created by Unibeast, but no luck either

MB : GA Z170M-D3H
CPU : ‎CORE I7-6700 3.40GHZ
Graphics : GTX 970

thanks !

Hello there,

I have a working hackintosh running High Sierra
I would like to make a clean instal on another drive in the same system
After making the USB with Unibeast I copied the EFI from my working drive into the EFI partition of the USB, but I can't get to clover from the USB, any idea why ?

I tried to boot without copying the EFI, just the one created by Unibeast, but no luck either

MB : GA Z170M-D3H
CPU : ‎CORE I7-6700 3.40GHZ
Graphics : GTX 970

thanks !
Hi @weppingpresent,

If you just want to install another copy of High Sierra on the other drive it might be easier to forgo Unibeast and make the install USB using the createinstallmedia method. Since you already have a working Clover installation on the current High Sierra internal disk you can boot to that and choose the install USB from there. For that matter you could even start the install app from the current macOS installation and choose the other internal drive as the destination. After completing the installation you could even copy the working EFI contents of the original drive to the EFI partition of the new drive if you wanted to duplicate it but having an install or rescue USB would be a better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back