1. 0
here is my build:

GA-Z77X-UD5H

i7 3770
Geforce 670
16gb ram
650w power
256gb OCZ vector

I have no plans for overclocking. Other boards on other sites have stated that the stock fan that ships with the i7 is more than fine if you are not OCing. I will be working with 3D modeling programs and gaming. Do I need a third party cooler? If so, Fan? Liquid Cool? Case suggestions?

Also I have found a Wifi/BT version of the ​GA-Z77X-UD5H here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007R21JJA/

is it worth it? has anyone had any luck getting the wifi or bt to work?

I have no plans for overclocking. Other boards on other sites have stated that the stock fan that ships with the i7 is more than fine if you are not OCing. I will be working with 3D modeling programs and gaming. Do I need a third party cooler? If so, Fan? Liquid Cool? Case suggestions?
The Intel cooler should keep the processor going OK. Even before I OC'ed my machine, I had decided to get a 3rd-party cooler because I wanted it to be quiet, plus I wanted to not have to worry in summer when it hits 40C ambient.
For me watercooling has always had a "cool" factor, but as I'm not comfortable with the risk of leakage or the carcinogenic nature of the coolant which leaks into the atmosphere, I've stuck with air cooling, and quiet cooling is easy. Neither of those risks are things I've dreamed up BTW, although many people do regard the risks as being low enough to not matter.
The simpler reason many people choose air cooling over water is the ability to easily get a quiet cooling system (watercooling just moves the fans away from the CPU and makes them force air through radiators). Actually I'm not sure which way is the most popular overall.

Airflow through the case is important too, to keep feeding air to the CPU and the GPU (and to the other radiators on the motherboard chips). You can see the latest photos of my rig's internals in this post.
But at the same time, I have another (simpler) machine which is happily running on the stock cooler.

WiFi doesn't work. Given a choice of getting the board with the WiFi/BT card or paying less for not getting it, it's probably easier to just plug in a USB BT dongle.

here is my build:

GA-Z77X-UD5H

i7 3770
Geforce 670
16gb ram
650w power
256gb OCZ vector

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007R21JJA/

I'd say get a 3rd party cooler, as you will be doing some pretty intensive stuff on the CPU. Since you won't be overclocking(again, I'd love to sway you for the ~$80 additional cost), I'd say a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo should be perfect. Cheap, effective, compatible. Also, which 670? After research, I ended up going with the Gigabyte Windforce 3 one...and that SSD is REALLY fast. Don't have it but have the 840 Pro, and from the comparable benchmarks between the two, you won't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back