Graphics
AMD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
It seems like my computer heats up my room pretty quickly. I have been working on a mac pro chassis but in the meantime I have been using a crappy pc case but since I will soon no longer need the case and will switch everything over to the mac pro case, I was curious what everyone was doing to keep the inside of the chassis warm. I did buy one of those corsair liquid cpu cooler fans which I plan on installing but my room is pretty small, and I really hate leaving my computer on overnight but sometimes because of automation programs I have to. What have you guys found is a good way to cool the inside which would translate to the outside being a little cooler.

mkteagle said:
It seems like my computer heats up my room pretty quickly. I have been working on a mac pro chassis but in the meantime I have been using a crappy pc case but since I will soon no longer need the case and will switch everything over to the mac pro case, I was curious what everyone was doing to keep the inside of the chassis warm. I did buy one of those corsair liquid cpu cooler fans which I plan on installing but my room is pretty small, and I really hate leaving my computer on overnight but sometimes because of automation programs I have to. What have you guys found is a good way to cool the inside which would translate to the outside being a little cooler.

I guess there are a few questions before anyone can really hep you.

1. What are you doing to cool your components now?
2. What temperatures are the processors etc. running at?
3. Are your temp.s roughly the same in OSX as in Windows - i.e. is power management working in OSX?
4. What is the hardware you are running and is it over clocked?
5. What is your PC case design?

If your hardware is overheating now, then I guess the first thing you really need to know is why.

In general the Mac Pro chassis / G5 chassis is good for cooling as it has lots of holes in it and is aluminium. So if the overheat was due to the case, then the Mcc Pro design may improve that. However, if the first thing you do is put a huge plate on the back covering up most of the holes then it will (probably) be less good at getting heat out.....

Depending on how much cooler you need to go you can stick huge fans everywhere or install water-cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back