Contribute
Register

Controlling Your Monitor with OSX: DDC Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm so i took a quick look and from what i can tell EEID 1.4 specification should be backwards compatible with 1.3 but for some reason my screen just won't do anything period with that application. I move the sliders and they pop back to the original position. And this type of programming is a bit out of my league (hardware level programming) so i'm not sure exactly where to go to diagnose what exactly my problem is.

the general "level" regarding the read/write happens at the Obj-C level; that is your value is written, then the request status is read in the DDC object and an exception is thrown if necessary. Beyond that, the value is read as a separate process thanks to KVO, so if you move the slider and it later moves back, you wrote the desired value but the previous one was read back in because that is what the monitor's "new" value is. At the I2C request "level", if the read/write returned true then it can generally be assumed the method was successful; not only was the monitor's I2C interface found and a connection opened, the request itself returned KERN_SUCCESS (0).

NOO!!! Didn't work for me. It freezes everything, couldn't even move the pointer. And the worst thing is that when I forced shut down and turned it back on, DDC Panel opened automatically, so everything freezed again.
To fix it, I booted from the installer USB and use the command line -x to boot in safe boot. Then the app didn't open automatically so I was able to delete it. Thank god I didn't have to reinstall, specially because I recently set up fusion drive.
Any way, be careful

can you provide any information about the "freeze"? You also shouldn't need to boot with the USB, or -x, if you type your password at the login screen then shift-click the arrow/ok button, it will log in without restoring any apps/windows or loading your login items.

Yes freezing my machine too even after restart still freezing... I deleted DDC Panel from my Backup Disk then everthing back to normal....

Updated to v1.3
  • Experimental EDID 1.4 support
  • Better timing using I2C recommendations (30ms delay)
  • Cleaning up
  • Stricter reply checking
Use of DDC/CI with NVidia may cause a Kernel Panic. I do not have access to an NVidia machine, so please provide useful reports, not just "freezing".

can you provide any information about the "freeze"? You also shouldn't need to boot with the USB, or -x, if you type your password at the login screen then shift-click the arrow/ok button, it will log in without restoring any apps/windows or loading your login items.

It just froze. Couldn't move the pointer, pressing keys wouldn't do anything... completely frozen, as if you take a screenshot.
I have automatic login, without password prompt. The problem is fixed now, but out of curiosity, is there a way to login without login items and previous apps and windows in this case? Maybe hold shift while booting?

Hi,

It's my first post here so hello and thanks a lot for all your efforts here, great site.
Just a feedback.
I built it from source with Xcode 4.6, changing target to Lion 10.7.5 and it looks promising.
Works basically (brightness control only) on a HP2448H monitor from a macmini.
:headbang:
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back