Contribute
Register

Controlling Your Monitor with OSX: DDC Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made this tool a while ago for my own use. maybe you guys like to use it too?
I'm trying to fix some issue's it has on different hardware. does anyone care to try and see if it works?

https://github.com/Floris497/Backlight-DDC

Hey floris497, so far it works on my Acer CB270HU and a Nvidia GTX970 :thumbup:
Although I was wondering if it would work with brightness keys or only as a on-screen slider, I'm looking for something that will be running behind and, if possible, working with the keyboard shortcuts.

Cheers!

It's working perfect! Can you made it with audio control?
Sure, give me some time to look into this :) what brand screen do you have? I can only test with Dell and AOC.. it's not always universal support :/

Sure, give me some time to look into this :) what brand screen do you have? I can only test with Dell and AOC.. it's not always universal support :/

Hey Floris! My monitor is a Dell U2715H with an GTX970 (Asus) with NVIDIA Web Drivers enabled on Sierra 10.12.2. So far you're app hasn't KP'ed or made my system unstable. I would LOVE, to have the brightness keys control the brightness. Or any other keys for that matter, because I can imagine that you can't use the brightness keys in Xcode due limitations.

If you need help beta testing, PM!

I think a well packaged app will be a life-saver for the community and it could be really big instead of being down somewhere in the forums. Maybe you'd then get some help from other developers also to make it more stable with more combinations of hardware :)

Hey Floris! My monitor is a Dell U2715H with an GTX970 (Asus) with NVIDIA Web Drivers enabled on Sierra 10.12.2. So far you're app hasn't KP'ed or made my system unstable. I would LOVE, to have the brightness keys control the brightness. Or any other keys for that matter, because I can imagine that you can't use the brightness keys in Xcode due limitations.

If you need help beta testing, PM!

I think a well packaged app will be a life-saver for the community and it could be really big instead of being down somewhere in the forums. Maybe you'd then get some help from other developers also to make it more stable with more combinations of hardware :)

I will do some research on this capability, I wanted to implement this for some time now.. the tool that it is now is far from done, but working okay. I need to do some thinking on how to implement new features into it. I hope I will have some time to look into it soon, but don't expect to much in the near near future. but I'm happy to pick up this project again since I started using an external monitor again some time ago.

I will do some research on this capability, I wanted to implement this for some time now.. the tool that it is now is far from done, but working okay. I need to do some thinking on how to implement new features into it. I hope I will have some time to look into it soon, but don't expect to much in the near near future. but I'm happy to pick up this project again since I started using an external monitor again some time ago.

Just noticed there's already an app/component that gives us most of the desired functionality! @ https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...splaybrightness-0-0-3-testing-updated.205564/

As of now it only works by pressing the FN key in combination with the brightness keys, but that should be fixed when I get a function key flipping-app to work.

The last downside is that it doesn't increment the brightness as fast as a real mac, but that could really be a limitation of the DDC protocol, even though I'm not sure. Bonus, it works with the native UI!

I will check that one out :) i didn't really have time to mess with my app.. i guess if you change a bit of code you can make the increment go faster for this one.

Would love a keyboard shortcut for adjusting the brightness/contrast with Backlight-DDC.

Someone made it, look in post above :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back