Contribute
Register

Controlling your Corsair H80i fans from within OSX Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works great on the H100I No VM Needed
I can set all the fans to performances or other wise
Although I wonder if it would be easy to control the pump as well.. Cant alter that elements..

Again great work

Hi guys. Sorry I've been a bit busy at work but have done some more work on this code during the past week. Here are some of the answers to questions people have asked.

1. Can we control the Pump?
No. Corsair H80i - H100i come with a fixed pwm pump which is controlled by a divider. We cannot change this and even if we could we shouldnt try as we don't know the divider equation and it would fry the pump instantly if we set the wrong value which would overvolt the pump motor and kill it.

2. Getting access to CPU Temp in the same program.
I am working on this but its proving to be a lil tricky since i need to write a program that will get the value from my fakesmc and not try to keep finding the mac smc which we have replaced.

Expect an update in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the feedback

Take care

my system
dual boot
SSD / partition
win7 / Yosemite
corsair H80i
please help

hello, i am totally new into hackintosh:) i am using os x Mavericks & H100i cooler. thanks for your great work:) here is my report. Open Corsair Link
Fan 1:
Mode: Fixed PWM
RPM: 0
Fan 2:
Fan 3:
Mode: Balanced
RPM: 1641
Fan 4:
RPM: 1604
Pump:
RPM: 2254
CorsairH80iController(1068,0x7fff7e264310) malloc: *** error for object 0x1001070a8: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Abort trap: 6
logout

[Process completed]

but in HW monitor why i am seeing this?

Screen Shot 2014-12-07 at 5.32.06 AM.png

hello, i am totally new into hackintosh:) i am using os x Mavericks & H100i cooler. thanks for your great work:) here is my report. Open Corsair Link
Fan 1:
Fan 2:
Fan 3:
RPM: 1641
Fan 4:
RPM: 1604
Pump:
RPM: 2254
CorsairH80iController(1068,0x7fff7e264310) malloc: *** error for object 0x1001070a8: pointer being freed was not allocated
logout

[Process completed]

but in HW monitor why i am seeing this?

View attachment 117105

The main board fan2 is the pump of the H80i since we connect the pump's connector to the Mainboard pwm header. Other than that i have no clue on what you have connected to the other fan header. It might just be garbage values if you haven't connected anything there

If you are looking for help with getting this to Objective-C I may be able to help with that. PM me and we can talk.

Mark

Any Luck guys with yosemite?
I tried but no go.

This tool works great! i'm actually using it on Yosemite, but since i found this post i figured i'd at least show my appreciation

Code:
tengu:Downloads nrg$ ./CorsairH80iController/CorsairH80iControllerOpen Corsair Link
Fan 1:
    RPM: 1871
Fan 2:
    Mode: Quiet
    RPM: 1052
Fan 3:
Fan 4:
Pump:
    RPM: 2272
CorsairH80iController(3313,0x7fff733e8300) malloc: *** error for object 0x100109188: pointer being freed was not allocated
tengu:Downloads nrg$ ./CorsairH80iController/CorsairH80iController -f 2 -m 10
Open Corsair Link
Setting fan to mode Balanced
CorsairH80iController(3314,0x7fff733e8300) malloc: *** error for object 0x1001091e8: pointer being freed was not allocated
tengu:Downloads nrg$ ./CorsairH80iController/CorsairH80iController
Open Corsair Link
Fan 1:
    RPM: 1602
Fan 2:
    RPM: 1767
Fan 3:
Fan 4:
Pump:
    RPM: 2272
CorsairH80iController(3315,0x7fff733e8300) malloc: *** error for object 0x100109188: pointer being freed was not allocated

DJM:>

Works great for me, thanks for the script!
No I can adjust the setting if I want to render the whole night!

thx opaque

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back