Contribute
Register

Controlling your Corsair H80i fans from within OSX Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
This tool works great! i'm actually using it on Yosemite, but since i found this post i figured i'd at least show my appreciation

Code:
tengu:Downloads nrg$ ./CorsairH80iController/CorsairH80iControllerOpen Corsair Link
Fan 1:
    Mode: Balanced
    RPM: 1871
Fan 2:
    Mode: Quiet
    RPM: 1052
Fan 3:
    Mode: Fixed PWM
    RPM: 0
Fan 4:
Pump:
    RPM: 2272
CorsairH80iController(3313,0x7fff733e8300) malloc: *** error for object 0x100109188: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Abort trap: 6
tengu:Downloads nrg$ ./CorsairH80iController/CorsairH80iController -f 2 -m 10
Open Corsair Link
Setting fan to mode Balanced
CorsairH80iController(3314,0x7fff733e8300) malloc: *** error for object 0x1001091e8: pointer being freed was not allocated
tengu:Downloads nrg$ ./CorsairH80iController/CorsairH80iController
Open Corsair Link
Fan 1:
    RPM: 1602
Fan 2:
    RPM: 1767
Fan 3:
Fan 4:
Pump:
    RPM: 2272
CorsairH80iController(3315,0x7fff733e8300) malloc: *** error for object 0x100109188: pointer being freed was not allocated

DJM:>

Where do you enter this code? Terminal? (sorry for the noob question)

So i can use my H100i without hassle?

Hi.
The Corsair H80i is a popular closed loop water cooler that a lot of people use to cool their i5/i7 processors.

Here is a short guide to control your fans from within your OSX Mavericks installation

What you need:

OSX Mavericks
Corsair H80i with the usb header plugged in
A virtual machine running windows 7 or later
The zip file attached

--------------------

Once you have the Windows virtual machine up and running install the corsair link software and the corsair driver.
Connect the USB device that says integrated bridge to the Virtual machine and wait for corsair link to detect the hardware.
Quit the virtual machine to come back to OSX environment
Download and unzip the attached Zip file
Run the executable CorsairH80iController from your preferred terminal/console (if the included executable doesn't work for you, rebuild the executable using qmake which is part of the qtproject. you need to get it from there. The version i used was qt 5.2.1.) Source code is all included.

You should be able to see the fan speeds of your h80i fans in the console
To change the speed of fan 1 or 2
use the following command syntax from your console
./CorsairH80iController -f <fan no 1 2 3 4 > -m <mode no.>

Modes:
4 - Fixed RPM (requires to specify the RPM)
6 - Default
8 - Quiet
10 - Balanced
12 - Performance

Detailed help can be read by typing ./CorsairH80iController -h from your console

Images attached as proof

-----
TODO
Write an objective C program using the native HID manager and a GUI to control the fans and the ability to add a manual curve with respect to the CPU temperature

-----
REQUEST
Can someone please test it out with a H100i and 4 fans to confirm?

I don't know why but in Yosemite I didn't have to run A virtual machine running windows 7 or later. I was able to download the controller and use Terminal to setup "Performance". It works great and thank you very, very much. I am using the H80i.

I've overclocked to 4.3 and the temps stay around 33c on each core which is great. Love the H80i...

Where do you enter this code? Terminal? (sorry for the noob question)

So i can use my H100i without hassle?

Nightjar you enter things like this for example. You first run the controller which will open Terminal. Then after it shows you the outputs of each fan you can change them by doing this for example:

CorsairH80iController -f 2 -m 12

This changes Fan 2 to Performance mode. If you have a h100 then you have 4 fans or 2 fan? You just do this on each fan. Also if you don't want to set each fan to Performance ( I recommend Performance) you can set them to Silent or even set up the RPM.

Look at the HELP by using the terminal:
CorsairH80iController -h

Understand?

Any chance this can be updated for the H110i? :)

/ gx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back