CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
Radeon Pro WX 9100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Contour Shuttle that I can't get to work on my Hack. It works on my MBP. Here is what I have:

1. See Sig for hardware.
2. Current release 12.2.1
3. It shows up in USB in about this mac.
4. I have downloaded the latest driver and followed the instructions (which includes deleting, giving it permissions when reinstalling via security preferences first time it loads.
5. When I plug and unplug it the contour app sees then "unsees" it.
6. I have googled the heck out of it!

Thoughts anyone?

Jules

First thing I would look at as being the cause of this issue is your USB port configuration.

You should have created a custom USBPorts.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml that sets out how the USB ports on your Coffee Lake Z390 system work, including the USB power settings.

If you have a USB kext or SSDT, post a copy here along with a screenshot from Hackintool > USB tab, so we can see what is happening.

If you don't have either then you may need to get hold of a spare hard drive/SSD/NVMe drive and install macOS Catalina on the drive. This is so you can set and use the XhciPortLimit quirk in OpenCore, when undertaking the USB port discovery phase. The OpenCore XhciPortLimit quirk has not worked since Big Sur 11.3. This is why I said you would need to install Catalina, where the quirk does work.

See this guide on how to undertake the USB port Configuration.

@Edhawk I am pretty sure my USB ports are setup correctly. I can see the Contour Shuttle in "about this mac" when plugged in. I have tried it is multiple ports that I know work as well. Kinda baffling to me :(

Im wondering if it is a rogue kext or left over one form a previous version of Mac OS.

Jules

Post the information requested anyway, just to check your USB config isn't the cause of the issue. All it takes is one port to have the wrong connector type for the USB config to cause issues across the system.

The fact the Contour Shuttle shows up in Hackintool & System Information > USB report etc. is not an issue.

Questions:
  1. Have you disabled the CNVi connector on your Z390 Designare motherboard?
  2. Have you excluded HS14 (USB port associated with CNVI connector for Bluetooth) from your USB configuration?
  3. Have you correctly identified and set the motherboard USB2 header ports as 'Internal' with UsbConnector '255'?
Over to you Jules.

Post the information requested anyway, just to check your USB config isn't the cause of the issue. All it takes is one port to have the wrong connector type for the USB config to cause issues across the system.

The fact the Contour Shuttle shows up in Hackintool & System Information > USB report etc. is not an issue.

Questions:
  1. Have you disabled the CNVi connector on your Z390 Designare motherboard?
  2. Have you excluded HS14 (USB port associated with CNVI connector for Bluetooth) from your USB configuration?
  3. Have you correctly identified and set the motherboard USB2 header ports as 'Internal' with UsbConnector '255'?
Over to you Jules.
Here is Hackintool with ShuttlePro HS09. And yes to 2 and 3
Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 4.05.35 PM.png

Sorry I need you to clear all the USB ports (use the Brush icon) and then to Refresh the USB window (use the circular arrow icon) to repopulate the window. So just the ports you are activating are shown.

Sorry I need you to clear all the USB ports (use the Brush icon) and then to Refresh the USB window (use the circular arrow icon) to repopulate the window. So just the ports you are activating are shown.
Here you go:
Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 4.37.57 PM.png

That looks much better!

The only thing wrong with this setup is the 2 x Type-C ports on the rear I/O plate. They are set with the Connector Type-c+sw when they should be set as Type-c.

Designer Rear IO Layer v3_resize.png CaseySJ's Rear I/O plate image from his guide.
  1. Change SSP1 and SSP2 to Type-c.
  2. Export your new USB configuration.
  3. Mount the EFI partition on your macOS drive.
  4. Replace the current USBPorts.kext in your /OC/Kext folder with the new one.
Then Reboot and see what difference that makes.

If you are not using the SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml table to disable your CNVi connector you may need to do so. As this was a common fix for a few issues on the Z390 Designare motherboard.

A copy is attached, so you can add it to your /OC/ACPI folder.

Don't forget to add the config.plist entry for the SSDT as well, otherwise it won't work.

Attachments

• SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml.zip
    963 bytes · Views: 31
I built this following CasyeSJ's guide a while back. Now.... I need to figure out how to boot from USB again to get to my EFI folder. I messed up the USBInjectKext and it locks up during boot. . Did Imentionn that this worked a while ago and then stopped? I havent changed anything except upgrading OS's as they come out. Im on OC 0.6.8 and will update that once I get her up and running again. Sadness on my part...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back