Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

Forum member arnoparigo found a place to order the BCM94352Z M2.NGFF WiFi / Bluetooth Combo card:

http://www.offerany.com/p-38191631476.html

If the quantity (7000+) is anything to go by, that should be enough for the hackintosh community :thumbup:

The BCM94352Z supports both WiFi and Bluetooth under OS X and can be used for hand-off and continuity.

Hi

I got
Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11ac mini WLAN+Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless card
and
BCM94360CD/BCM94331CD to PCI-e 1X Adapter for hackintosh and PC (connection to USB port with 2 wires)

Hackintosh:
Ud5H
Yosemite 10.10
Mac Pro early 2008

I got WIFI and Bluetoots recognized, iphone and ipad paired (but not connected).
Hackiontosh is connected to router by ethernet (but wifi is also ON, and connected)

Airdrop is not working 100%, it works sometimes (the transfer speed is really low)

Continuity and Handoff are not working

any idea? help? maybe i need to change mac definition to something other? (but i have 2x280x so i dont know if it will work in other definition)

maybe i need to change mac definition to something other?

I think you answered your own question.

MacPro early 2008 is not supposed to be compatible with Handoff & Continuity. You need to change to a more recent definition that supports this features.

Screenshot-35.png

If you don't want to change it, then you don't have Handoff support OOB, but you can get it doing some work (patching) with proper tools.
Use the search function and read a few more about this.

B.R.

.. so i bought this on eBay:

Card: http://www.ebay.at/itm/221598824700?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Adapter: http://www.ebay.at/itm/271642347250?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

but it does not work on all of my 3 Hacks !

On my "GA Z77X-UP5 TH / iMac 13,2" the WiFi card is not recognized by 10.10.1 (when the system is up the LED on the back of the card is RED & when the system is down it changes to green) so i think it´s right connected.

On my "Asus P8H61-M LX3 Plus R2.0" with 10.9.5 i get a Kernel Panic when starting the system ?!?!
Also on my "GA-X58A-UD5" running 10.10.1 i get a Kernel Panic too when using this card !
(maybe a case of the older system definitions)

Is there a solution for this to get the card working ?
Or ist it possible the the card is damaged or fake ?

would it be worth to by another card ?

any help please !

I think you answered your own question.

MacPro early 2008 is not supposed to be compatible with Handoff & Continuity. You need to change to a more recent definition that supports this features.

View attachment 119776

If you don't want to change it, then you don't have Handoff support OOB, but you can get it doing some work (patching) with proper tools.
Use the search function and read a few more about this.

B.R.

Thnx for info, ive made it :)

First of all, make sure that wifi is working and is connected to router (ive had to disconnect ethernet, and after reboot ive found that Little Snitch was blocking wifi) when everything with wifi was ok, ive launched CAT, and ba dum tss, after reboot everything is ok (ok... almost everything... imessage is not ok, but i can live with out it, maybe some day it will work with chimera)

.. so i bought this on eBay:

Card: http://www.ebay.at/itm/221598824700?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Adapter: http://www.ebay.at/itm/271642347250?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

but it does not work on all of my 3 Hacks !

On my "GA Z77X-UP5 TH / iMac 13,2" the WiFi card is not recognized by 10.10.1 (when the system is up the LED on the back of the card is RED & when the system is down it changes to green) so i think it´s right connected.

On my "Asus P8H61-M LX3 Plus R2.0" with 10.9.5 i get a Kernel Panic when starting the system ?!?!
Also on my "GA-X58A-UD5" running 10.10.1 i get a Kernel Panic too when using this card !
(maybe a case of the older system definitions)

Is there a solution for this to get the card working ?
Or ist it possible the the card is damaged or fake ?

would it be worth to by another card ?

any help please !

1. check USB cable... there is possibility that u got incorrectly positioned pins... check post #68 (but it will be rather making problems with BT)

2. make sure u are connecting adapter to PCI x1

@ escobol

thanx for the answer,

i´ve just tried it to install 10.10.1 and the card on my Asus P8H61-M LX3 Plus R2.0 but again with no success.
no matter what i try (changing PCI slot, moving USB-Pins in other order) the card won´t be recognized.
just for my understanding:
this card works for other people on a GA-Z77X-UP5-TH Mobo and the usb cable modification
is only ment for the power of bluetooth. so if the cable is disconnected or the pins are in the wrong order (place)
i should only have WiFi of this card.

if so, i think the card is damaged, because WiFi never recognized on 3 different MoBos.
am i right so far ?

if so, i think the card is damaged, because WiFi never recognized on 3 different MoBos.
am i right so far ?
I was also suspecting that the card was damaged until I connected it to a windows computer and it was recognized. Try to boot windows on your systems and in Administrative Tools, check if it can see an unknown network device
I got another BCM94360CD card today, will try that one too to see if it makes any difference...

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received the card from the Taobao seller - it works OOB in a PCI-e x8 slot. I can't get Handoff working, even though it shows available and is enabled in System Preferences. Both Wifi and Bluetooth work otherwise, including AirDrop, so I'm guessing it's something wrong on Apple's end, not the card. See this post - #17

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received the card from the Taobao seller - it works OOB in a PCI-e x8 slot. I can't get Handoff working, even though it shows available and is enabled in System Preferences. Both Wifi and Bluetooth work otherwise, including AirDrop, so I'm guessing it's something wrong on Apple's end, not the card. See this post - #17

From everything I have read, you wont get handoff working until you put in in the PCI-e x1 slot. Mine works flawlessly.

Back