Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

Ah - but it does work in the 4x slot aye? The reason I ask is it seems most adapters only work in a 1x slot, I need one that works in a 8x or 4x slot. Thank you!

Sorry for the late response. I have tried today and it only works in my PCI-E 1x slot.

So I decided to buy Apple BCM94360CD from below link for $59.99 and arrived a lot earlier than I expected. :thumbup:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191392971578?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It woks charm and speed is awesome. Well, I don't own an iPhone, I was not able to test handoff feature. Guessing it will work.:)

Well, problem I have is that I bought this device because my built-in network ethernets are not working after upgrading to Yosemite. I tried all kind of methods but failed. So, I bought an USB to ethernet adapter and it worked. Except I get "Your device or computer could not be verified" error message.

So, I bought this adapter hoping to resolve issue since it is native Apple adapter but NOT GOOD :banghead:

Same issue, I get same error message.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? :cry:

Thanks
It is possible your ethernet is not seen as en0. Uninstall WiFi, in network preferences delete all,
Using Finder navigate to :-

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Delete the following two files :-

NetworkInterfaces.plist
preferences.plist

Empty the trash and reboot.
Now in Network preferences add and configure your ethernet. When working reinstall he WiFi and add it in network

My motherboard has PCI Express 4x slot only.
Another thing. I have the same ethernet in my P5K-E and it is working fine in Yosemite with the original IoNetwork. Do this:
put a copy of your FakeSMC on the desktop, right click on the file "Show contents" and in contents/PlugIns put the unzipped attached Marvell Kext. If don't have such a folder create it (attention to capital). Now install the Fake SMC, repair permissions, rebuild cache and reboot. It will also survive every update. Don'try to install it, it is a dummy kext and works only this way. Take a look in the attached picture

Attachments

• Marvell88E8056.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Schermata 2014-12-12 alle 13.21.15.png
    Schermata 2014-12-12 alle 13.21.15.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 167
It is possible your ethernet is not seen as en0. Uninstall WiFi, in network preferences delete all,
Using Finder navigate to :-

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Delete the following two files :-

NetworkInterfaces.plist
preferences.plist

Empty the trash and reboot.
Now in Network preferences add and configure your ethernet. When working reinstall he WiFi and add it in network

I already tried that even though my wifi is seat as en0.

This is why I'm going crazy :banghead:

In every case try to activate you internal network with the other method. With en0 you solve a issue with Apple store and iCloud, but if you are referring to iMessage and FaceTime, that's another story

I got an old mobo (p5k) could I use it? Other than 1x pcie, do I need a f-usb port for linking the adapter to my mobo?
I have various 10-1 pin ports but I dont know if I can use them...
Thanks everyone!

Before I give up on these ~ is there one of these adapters that someone can confirm works in a slot _besides_ a 1x slot? My Mobo has only one which is blocked and I can't extend it. I need an adapter that works in an 8x slot :(

anyone? Would love to get this to work >w<

As it is I'm stuck with an adapter and card that I can't do anything with, I don't want to throw it away but I can't resell it either

Back