Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

I've used a PCIe-Adapter with an extra cable for Bluetooth with this card: "Broadcom BCM94331CD". The card worked out of the box, but Handoff didn't. I had the use the Continuity Activation Tool and it worked. However, I wasn't able to receive calls from my iPhone, because I had to be loged in to iMessage, for that to work. After that, everything worked fine.

@ Frankiep Could be wrong but did you say system profile is Mac Pro 2008? It needs to be newer. That is what everybody talking about whitelist is referring to. Try doing a Google search on continuity compatible macs it might help out. Sorry wrong poster

So, if your system profile is Mac Pro 2008 can i change this? How i can fix it?

P.S.
mobo=> GA-H87M-HD3
ram=> Crusial Ballistix 16GB
ssd=>Samsung Evo 840 250GB
wifi=>Tp-Link TL-WDN4800 N900(i know it doesn't works)
I build this in the summer.

@red-storm: You can just change it in Multibeast under SystemDefinition.

Me too. i started reading this thread and immediately felt i needed to order the appropriate broadcom bluetooth/wifi card with the adaptor so i could get continuity and handoff capabilities so i ordered on amazon for about $62 from china the items i need. Later that evening i get a call on my brand new iPhone 6 and the call come thru my hackintosh i was most surprised. " isn't the the whole point why i just spent $62 to get this feature" i thought. can someone please explain to me what other benefit i'll be gaining going thru all this added cost? i just a little confused. thank you

I still can't get an answer to this question i asked earlier.. can anyone please care to enlighten me on the subject

Phone Calls and SMS forwading work fine for me without any additional hardware. I have no wifi card and only blutooth 2.0 dongle.

What this card will add is the app handoff/continuity capabilites. For example the ability to start writing a email on your ipad and then continue it on your Mac, or switching between Safari on Iphone and Mac without having to reload tabs.

To me the calls and sms is a much more useful feature than the other stuff, so no need to change the hardware. Of course this is all based on imessage signin working which lots of people are not struggling to achieve on Hacks.

Okay Guys,
I bought Apple Broadcom BCM94331CD from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Desktop-P...eiver-Apple-Broadcom-BCM94331CD-/361110359731
And I am very happy, it just works out of the box!
With native support on 1st PCI-e slot (if really does matter)!

BCM94331CD.jpg

Just for the feedback. Cheers! :thumbup:

ok everyone, i got a little issue here. i got the same apple Broadcom BCM94331CD card from amazon and everything works out the box. i am abloe to get continuity with my apps and my facetime and imessager works. i was a happy camper. all was well. i installed all my applications and just settled on enjoying my mac. until a few reboots later, Maybe like 9 -10 reboots. I now get this white stop sign and it never loads into OSX ive tried everything and nothing works. only thing that works is me reimaging and that works only for a few reboots and then it starts all over again. i dont remember ever having any such issues till i installed the wifi/bluetooth card.

the silly thing had been working for weeks no issues. none till i installed the wifi/bluetooth card which is a naive apple hardware. it all works for only for a few reboots and i dont know whats triggering the kill after 5-6 reboots. its a really weird problem and i cant get into verbose to diagnose the problem either. Is anyone out there having a similar problem or im i going crazy

... - however you need to make sure your motherboard (I used an ITX with built in mini-PCIe slot) is fully bluetooth powered.

Tony how is the told? I am using a Gigabyte GA-B85N and a GA-Z97N-WIFI boards which both have min-PCIEe full and half slots. When I review the Gigabyte web pages and the user manuals I do not see any mention of "bluetooth powered" slots. Am I missing something or looking in the wrong area?

Good modding
neil

Back