Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

I can do that by the end of this week for you (working abroad).

You could also buy a PCI-E 1x extender cable for 2-4 USD which would save you some money.

Thanks! I'll really appreciate it!

I would use a extender, however since I am building into a PowerMac case there would be no place to mount the extend card. So it'll have to go in one of the 8X slots.

I tried one of those adapters and it doesn't work - WiFi doesn't, but Bluetooth does (no Handoff btw).
Not sure if it's my motherboard, but I inserted it into PCIE-1x slot :(

I bought exactly the same stuff and it doesn't work in either of my PCI-E X1 or X4 slots!

My mobo is GA-Z77X-UP5-TH

I'm trying to get my money back from those guys and it becomes just an endless discussion.

I bought exactly the same stuff and it doesn't work in either of my PCI-E X1 or X4 slots!

My mobo is GA-Z77X-UP5-TH

I'm trying to get my money back from those guys and it becomes just an endless discussion.

wow.. thats scary. i have the exact same board too. did u buy your from this merchant on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K0CIJ6U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
If you did, how long did it take you to get it? and finally is your handoff for phone calls working between your iPhone and hackingtosh? mine is and I'm not sure why getting this wifi/bluetooth card would prove any benefit to me

wow.. thats scary. i have the exact same board too. did u buy your from this merchant on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K0CIJ6U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
If you did, how long did it take you to get it? and finally is your handoff for phone calls working between your iPhone and hackingtosh? mine is and I'm not sure why getting this wifi/bluetooth card would prove any benefit to me

I have the z77x-ud5h motherboard, bought the card from the merchant you linked to on Amazon and the wireless on the card works but the bluetooth does not. I'm in communications with them now for an exchange but if others are having the same issue with cards from this vendor I guess another card from them will not solve my problem. I'll be surprised if they give me a full refund.

UPDATE [2014-12-03]:

I was able to get a replacement from the vendor and now I have working WiFi and Bluetooth just plug and play. They vendor was great and very responsive. I seems I had a defective card, will be sending it back.

I bought them using the links above from the same sellers on eBay.

There's no Handoff because WiFi doesn't work. Bluetooth works. For me this whole thing looks very suspicious - they don't want to return money back, and if you check eBay and/or Amazon there are like 50 of those sellers many of them claiming the items are original and others are not.

Mine just doesn't work.

Tere's a theory that this adapter needs additional power and those guys just don't make it right.

how long did it take you to get your shipment?

Took me about five days on free shipping, from Amazon. Not bad.

Also; if you're having issues with one feature of the card running, and if you guys plug yours into any other type of PCIe slot than 1, reset your CMOS before spending money on those adapters. It worked for me, and it's free!

Yf4iMHT.png

You'll have to pardon the low signal-noise ratio, I don't have the antennas plugged in yet.

Back