Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

fake card maybe, having same problem here with bt not available.
what does system information -> usb tell you?

No usb info. According to the system, there is no bluetooth adapter.

I ended up using my IOGear usb bluetooth adapter (disregarding the bluetooth on the card), using the card for Wifi only, added the IOBluetoothFamily kext patch found in this tread through clover configurator, and connected the IOGear usb to a usb 3.0 port. Handoff and airdrop working now. All I need now is the get iMessage to work again, I had it working but I stupidly signed out and now no work.

Thanks for the help.

fake card maybe, having same problem here with bt not available.
what does system information -> usb tell you?
Hey guys check the wiring on the USB another user said there's were installed backwards and all problems were resolved when he switched them ( its in another thread I will try to find it.) I do know the black wire should be on the left of the red wire. Maybe this will help I hope:beachball:

ok so it's actually same thread.... Just been a long day I guess :crazy:

Yes, after reading so many threads, I get confused as well. I had already tried confirming/switching the usb cable leads but no luck. I think I was one of the unlucky ones and received a non-compatible or defective card.

Thanks.

Well, I have no clue why (and maybe the answer is simple) but I have Continuity and Handoff working perfectly over LAN and without Bluetooth. I received a phone call yesterday, and I was surprised that I got it on my Hackintosh... On my local network was only connected my iPhone 6, my rMBP was offline.

I have Continuity and Handoff working perfectly over LAN and without Bluetooth. I received a phone call yesterday, and I was surprised that I got it on my Hackintosh...
Continuity requires IOS 8/OS X 10.10 and iCloud
1. Facetime handles phone calls (wired or wireless, no BT)
2. Messages (wired or wireless, no BT)
3. Airdrop/Legacy (Mac to Mac, wireless only, no BT)
4. Airdrop/files (BCM435x/6x with BT4/LE)
5. Handoff/apps (BCM435x/6x with BT4/LE)
6. HotSpot (BCM435x/6x with BT4/LE)

Post #1, BCM94360CD/BCM94331CD solution enables items 4, 5 and 6 natively.

Apple - OS X Yosemite - Mac + iOS Continuity

Well, I have no clue why (and maybe the answer is simple) but I have Continuity and Handoff working perfectly over LAN and without Bluetooth. I received a phone call yesterday, and I was surprised that I got it on my Hackintosh... On my local network was only connected my iPhone 6, my rMBP was offline.

Me too. i started reading this thread and immediately felt i needed to order the appropriate broadcom bluetooth/wifi card with the adaptor so i could get continuity and handoff capabilities so i ordered on amazon for about $62 from china the items i need. Later that evening i get a call on my brand new iPhone 6 and the call come thru my hackintosh i was most surprised. " isn't the the whole point why i just spent $62 to get this feature" i thought. can someone please explain to me what other benefit i'll be gaining going thru all this added cost? i just a little confused. thank you

Does this his work in a PCI-E 8x slot? I ordered the standard one that people are saying only works in a 1x slot but sadly my 1x is blocked by the GPU. Would you be able to test it by chance?

thanks!

I can do that by the end of this week for you (working abroad).

You could also buy a PCI-E 1x extender cable for 2-4 USD which would save you some money.

is the heatsink useful??? it seems to be a good option for the same price, maybe it uses clone o used cards, who knows...
Tks

The heatsink, not really - no.
I really don't get the idea of using a EMS, mass produce and use old or use a clone?.

Back