Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

continuity and handoff do not work this card. you want 4360 card, all supported oob and get from ebay or amazon.
just a fyi....

Just a few post ago I confirmed that the AW-CE123H is in fact working.
I have all the Continuity features working with two different iOS devices.

Please read this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html that Toleda created before you make a statement that is not true. Even if you just read this thread you can clearly see there are a few people that have it working just fine.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just saying...READ.

And not to mention the BCM4352 is half the price and size, but if you can't deal with setting up Clover right or can't follow the simple but yet detailed instructions that exist on this site on how to make the AW-CE123H work properly then yes buy the original apple part.

I thought the whole point of this site and sites like it was to make none apple products work in our hacks.

I'v been using the AW-CE123H for about a year now in a few of the machines that I have built from desktops to tablets and it works great. And with the new patches that exist the card works even better.

Now if you want to sit and compare the BCM4360 to the BCM4352 then yes there are differences.

Conclusion: if you have a Broadcom wifi card (and if the clover continuity patch does not work- or work well - for you with the Broadcom card alone) then it seems to me to be worthwhile to spend a few pounds/dollars on a GMYLE BT adapter to see if it that combination will allow you to unleash continuity/handoff on your yosemite build. Particularly worth a go I would say if you have a ITX or a laptop build.

That's great news Minihack,

Just a question or two if you don't mind.

Did you have to do anything regarding the Bluetooth Firmware Uploader, or did you just patch in the code into your config.plist? (assuming you're using clover).

Did the Handoff/Hotspot support show once you initially reseted, or did it only say "Yes" once you signed out and back into iCloud?

This seems like a pretty good solution, as i currently have a Z77N-Wifi and an NUC, so, unless some magical half mini PCIe card starts doing the rounds, it looks like this may be the only solution.

A question to everyone or anyone who may know. Do any of the feature require "WIFI" / the presence of a Airport Card, opposed to an ethernet connection? As I don't really have a need for wifi as i've cat6'd all my machines to my AirPort Extreme, so only the iOS devices at home are on wifi.

If I could just get the compatible BT USB Dongle and not have to worry about getting a compatible AirPlay Card, that'd be a very nice outcome.

I've only tested it on my rMBP, by disabling wifi, and as far as i can remember, everything still worked, but i question how 'disabled' the card would be if it works in tandem with the BT inside the mac.

Im in the same boat as a lot of mITX users by the look of it. The GPU is our only PCI card and we aren't willing to sacrifice it for ultimate compatability.

Closest I've come is finding a half mPCI riser/ribbon card, which would potentially allow the OSXWIFI to mPCI (for Mac Pro) card to be fitted somewhere inside my Prodigy. I worry about the grounding of the PCB's though, probably incorrectly.

1. Did you have to do anything regarding the Bluetooth Firmware Uploader, or did you just patch in the code into your config.plist? (assuming you're using clover).

No need for BTfirmware uploader as the GMYLE dongle works native in 10.10. So I just trashed the BCM4352bt.kext and the firmware uploader kext so that the BT on my combo card is no longer detected. Then did the Clover patch for Handoff.

2. Did the Handoff/Hotspot support show once you initially reseted, or did it only say "Yes" once you signed out and back into iCloud?

Yes, the three yes indications were there as soon as I restarted. However for it to actually work I then had to sign out of iCloud and back in. I also had to do the iMessage fix (removing the netwrok adapters from Sys preferences and trashing the NetworkInterfaces plist) because when I tried to sign back in to iCloud it would not let me.....after that though it was all plain sailing....

:)

You will need wifi (and it looks like it needs to be Broadcom) for all features to work. What I don't know is if some of them will work without it....also I have not seen any reports yet of any USB wifi dongles being compatible, I strongly doubt it they would be though. However, it seems it is early days yet and maybe an unexpected hack breakthrough/work around will come along.

You will need wifi (and it looks like it needs to be Broadcom) for all features to work. What I don't know is if some of them will work without it....also I have not seen any reports yet of any USB wifi dongles being compatible, I strongly doubt it they would be though. However, it seems it is early days yet and maybe an unexpected hack breakthrough/work around will come along.

Thanks for the info.
I may just order those GMYLE ones, worst case as a stop gap, i'll look into Broadcom half mini wifi cards and see what I can get working inside on the 77N Wifi. I imagine I can't be the only one who wants to find a way. A lot of first time hackintoshers seemed to go for the gigabyte mITX boards.

Tony,
I picked up the newer broadcom module and the PCI-e adapter off of ebay, and it came in yesterday. Installed into my PC, and everything worked straight out of the box. It even picked up my Time Capsule network without me needing to provide the login settings. Not sure how it got the WPA password, but it's working great. I've only tried the airdrop functionality, and it works fine. I'm still trying to get my machine up using Clover for full functionality, but I have no doubt that it'll work fine once I have it up.

Thanks for the write up. Keep up the good work!

Hello,
I bought a BCM94360CD + Mini PCIE to PCIE adapter ( http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-an...with-bluetooth4-0-Red-Version/1895023147.html ) to get works handoff feature...all works good (handoff, calls, ecc..) less an important thing: the wifi card do not find any networks!
This happens only in Yosemite (i have just tried in Mavericks and in Windows and there they find networks!)

Any ideas? Do u know any fix?

PS: This happens connecting the PCIe card to PCIEx16 port. Connecting the PCIe card to PCIEx1, the wifi card doesn't get recognized (Hardware not installed). My mobo is Asus P7P55D-E.

Thanks!

nobody can help me??

@ Frankiep Could be wrong but did you say system profile is Mac Pro 2008? It needs to be newer. That is what everybody talking about whitelist is referring to. Try doing a Google search on continuity compatible macs it might help out. Sorry wrong poster

Back