Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

~$100 is not that much more to add to a system to get handoff capability. Unless you don't have the space for another card, I dont see any better option especially when it works OTB.

I'm hoping someone here can help. I purchased via eBay the following:

- PCI E Adapter
- Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD

I put them into my hack running Yosemite and identified as a Mac Pro Early 2008.

AirDrop is working between my Hack and my iPhone.
Phone calls can be made with FaceTime via my iPhone.

Handoff is not working. On my iPhone I have shut off BlueTooth and turned it back on, I have restarted my computer a few times (I can't shut off BlueTooth on my hack because of the Mighty Mouse), and I have signed out and back into my iCloud account on both my hack and iPhone.

From what I can tell everything looks good:

View attachment 113284
View attachment 113285

Anyone have any thoughts on what's going on?

Thanks in advance!

What iPhone do you have? Anything pre iPhone 5 does not support handoff.

Hello,
I bought a BCM94360CD + Mini PCIE to PCIE adapter ( http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-an...with-bluetooth4-0-Red-Version/1895023147.html ) to get works handoff feature...all works good (handoff, calls, ecc..) less an important thing: the wifi card do not find any networks!
This happens only in Yosemite (i have just tried in Mavericks and in Windows and there they find networks!)

Any ideas? Do u know any fix?

PS: This happens connecting the PCIe card to PCIEx16 port. Connecting the PCIe card to PCIEx1, the wifi card doesn't get recognized (Hardware not installed). My mobo is Asus P7P55D-E.

Thanks!

Attachments

• pcie wifi.png
    pcie wifi.png
    601 KB · Views: 380
  • bluetooth.png
    bluetooth.png
    290.7 KB · Views: 500
  • wifi.png
    wifi.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 365
I purchased this Apple BCM94360CD 802.11ac Wifi Bluetooth 4.0 Card for 2013 21.5"/27" iMac and this BCM94360CD/BCM94331CD to PCIe 1x Adapter on eBay.

$_57.jpgcard.jpg

I ordered them at the same time–from two different sellers–and they arrived at the Sort Facility in China within an hour of each other but for some reason the PCIe adapter must have gotten stuck in US Customs because it was delayed by 4 days.

IMG_2367.jpgIMG_2368.jpgIMG_2369.jpg
IMG_2399.jpg

Assembly was pretty straightforward. The antenna pigtails were a little difficult to connect to the card but nothing too extreme.

IMG_2400.jpg
IMG_2401.jpgIMG_2402.jpg

IMG_2403.jpgIMG_2404.jpg
IMG_2405.jpgIMG_2406.jpg

Initially the WiFi worked but not the Bluetooth. It displayed an Error similar to this.
bluetooth-not-available-menu-mac.jpg
The culprit, as it turns out, was the included cable that connects the PCIe adapter to a USB 2.0 header on your MoBo and provides Bluetooth signal.
IMG_2409.jpg
Inspecting the PCB of the adapter and researching USB header pinouts I concluded that it was wired backwards.After swapping the terminals in the USB header plug end Bluetooth was recognized by OS X Yosemite.
Before After
IMG_2410.JPGIMG_2412.JPG

Handoff, Continuity (SMS Forwarding, Cellular Calls), 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth all work great now.

bt.jpeghand.jpg
wifi.jpegwifi2.jpeg

Confirmed GMYLE adapter in combination with clover patch for continuity and in combo with my BCM4352 card (with bluetooth NOT enabled on the BCM) does give the indications in sys profiler for working handoff and instant hotspot on my i5 NUC.

No time to check the actual practical functioning of the features right now, but prospects look good. As a note, the GMYLE is one heck of a lot better in terms of BT connectivity than the BT portion of my Combo BCM card ever was....

EDIT:
CONFIRMED, all features seem to work as advertised between my 4G enabled iPad Mini 2 on iOS 8.1 and my hack. I did need to log out of iCloud first though on the hack and then back in again to activate these.

You will quite possibly after adding Handoff/continuity patch have to log out of iCloud and back in.

[Note: very likely after logging out it might not let you back in! To do so you may have to follow the steps of (a) going to the Network system preferences panel and deleting all network adapters (click apply when they have gone).
(b) Go to Library/Preferences/System Configuration and delete the Networkinterfaces.plist.
(c) Reboot and THEN sign back in to iCloud.]

:thumbup:

Conclusion: if you have a Broadcom wifi card (and if the clover continuity patch does not work- or work well - for you with the Broadcom card alone) then it seems to me to be worthwhile to spend a few pounds/dollars on a GMYLE BT adapter to see if it that combination will allow you to unleash continuity/handoff on your yosemite build. Particularly worth a go I would say if you have a ITX or a laptop build.

This is NOT an advertisement as the rules specifically states that I cannot post advertisements for auctions or personal sales.

Here is another version of the BCM94360CD for the perfectionist.
A shielded, complete card with 4x external antennas - No assembly required.

Just wanted to let you know about this beauty :)

mrMA3Gt.jpg

The terminal command does not work properly on my machine. Clover patch does work.

Same here. Clover Patch worked well for my AzureWave AW-CE123H.
Handoff works and tested on iPhone5, iPad Mini 1stGen.

Toleda has updated the http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html
Great updates like 5G and Hand off for 10.10
Anyone with the AzureWave AW-CE123H can enjoy all these great new features thanks to Dokterdok, Skvo, Toleda and I'm sure many others.

Thanks Again 10000000 times for all the effort.

Picked up one of these pre-assembled BCM94360CD -> PCI-E kits from Taobao:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.RToowZ&id=36411287267&ns=1&abbucket=8#detail

360 RMB is about $58 USD, all inclusive. Not bad!

Works 100% out of the box - Continuity, Handoff and Airdrop working like a charm. The range on the supplied antennae was pretty poor (my Magic Mouse was struggling to stay connected) so swapped them out for the aerials from an old TP-Link card. Rock solid!

Back