Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

Hi all.

Just found and tested this new fully compatible wifi/BT combo card from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B081CFM2J4/?tag=tonymacx86-21

It is similar to the famous Fenvi FV-T919 in operation, but a little smaller and only has two antenna. It's still dual band with bluetooth and I've tested both 2.4 and 5.0GHz and of course BT.

Not a brand you may have seen before. It came in a totally blank, plain cardboard box, antenna, card and USB cable.

This isn't an endorsement, by the way, just a heads-up. I bought one and it's working fine ... so far.

:)

Hi all.

Just found and tested this new fully compatible wifi/BT combo card from Amazon:
(schnipp)
This isn't an endorsement, by the way, just a heads-up. I bought one and it's working fine ... so far.

Thanks for the info! So "working fine" does also mean continuity and handoff? That would be an interesting investment. Too sad, that they will not be sent to EU mainland. But why? We still have 6:30 hours till Brexit :cool:

Thanks for the info! So "working fine" does also mean continuity and handoff? That would be an interesting investment. Too sad, that they will not be sent to EU mainland. But why? We still have 6:30 hours till Brexit :cool:

Yes, hand-off and continuity are working here. As I said, this is new for me too, but so far it seems okay - if you can find them in your locality. (Sorry about Brexit - it wasn't me...)

(...) if you can find them in your locality. (Sorry about Brexit - it wasn't me...)

In the meanwhile the vendor confirmed to also ship to DE. Maybe I was causing the trouble by following your .co.uk link from a canarian network access point. Now from DE it works, although more expensive than in the UK (EUR 63.99).
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B081CFM2J4/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

Good luck in Brexternity . May all the made positive promises come true.

@Say Heading
I'm also searching for a suitable card in DE.
On amazon I also found the following card:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07SPFLDP6/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

I'm no a little bit confused because your card only god 2 Antennas an my card god 3 antennas.
Also the speed of the wifi an the bluetooth version is different.

Did you already test the MQUPIN card now?

Cheers Robert

Last edited:
Did you already test the MQUPIN card now?

Yes, but just on the surface. It works OOB in regards of wifi and bluetooth connections and allows airdrop. I did not get hands off/continuity but did not invest much time into a solution as I don´t need these functions (for now).
I have not speed tested wifi but I "had the impression to have" latency issues compared to ethernet so I continued using it instead.

Hi all, I’m fairly new to all this so apologies if I have any misinformation. I’m also looking to start my first build and am considering the Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi. I noticed someone has enquired about this board already but were told to go for a PCIe x1 adapter, but to my knowledge there is only one PCIE x16 slot on the board? Someone also said that only Intel CNVi can be used in the WiFi port, so does that then mean the only option to get an Apple WiFi card working on this board is through an m.2 adapter? Is it possible to power it through a SATA port adapter by any chance?

Hi all, I’m fairly new to all this so apologies if I have any misinformation. I’m also looking to start my first build and am considering the Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi. I noticed someone has enquired about this board already but were told to go for a PCIe x1 adapter, but to my knowledge there is only one PCIE x16 slot on the board? Someone also said that only Intel CNVi can be used in the WiFi port, so does that then mean the only option to get an Apple WiFi card working on this board is through an m.2 adapter? Is it possible to power it through a SATA port adapter by any chance?

As far as I know, all the Gigabyte Z390 motherboard that have CNVi slots will ONLY work with Intel CNVi Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards and those cards do not work with macOS.

Yes, it's possible to connect a macOS compatible Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card in to one of the M.2 slots meant for NVMe SSDs. Power will have to be provided from the power supply. SATA ports do not carry power.

Ahh okay, thank you for clarifying. So m.2 is really the only option for this board?

Back