Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

I might be proved wrong here but I think it breaks down as follows:

You can put a genuine Apple WiFi/BT card in an adapter, and use it in the (usually vertical) M-ITX WiFi slot because the slot is a part of the PCI-e sub-system. The motherboard M.2 ports are a part of the SATA chain (and disable one or two of the actual SATA ports when populated) and so not directly compatible - even if the socket/connecter can be converted with a lookalike adapter etc.

For your motherboards, which don't appear to have existing WiFi sockets, the way to go would be a PCI-e adapter rather than M.2.

Unless someone knows of a special adapter and can give you a link etc. and correct me. And if there is such a thing you'll probably need some very long antenna tails and a backplate too.

:)

Thanks! I guess I'm going with the PCI-e option then.

I've been reading through the thread, but I'm trying to build a mini-ITX machine with an external graphics card (so my PCI slot will be taken up by the card?).

Thinking about the Gigabyte H370N WIFI (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BQCZNKB/?tag=tonymacx86com-20) or
ASUS ROG Strix H370-I Gaming (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BP7RQTT/?tag=tonymacx86com-20) for motherboards.

Looks like they have one PCI x16 slots and 2 m.2 slots. What do I need for continuity to work (or can I even adapt one of the Mac cards for this setup?)

Just wanted to mention that newegg has the fenvi T919 in stock currently & at a discount $54.99 for those who want one. I just purchased it a couple of days ago and both wifi and Bluetooth worked OOB on my Asus z97m plus still running 10.12.6. Handoff and continuity working fine too. The plus side is you don't have to wait a month like the ebay route because it ships from CA.

I've been reading through the thread, but I'm trying to build a mini-ITX machine with an external graphics card (so my PCI slot will be taken up by the card?).

Thinking about the Gigabyte H370N WIFI (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BQCZNKB/?tag=tonymacx86com-20) or
ASUS ROG Strix H370-I Gaming (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BP7RQTT/?tag=tonymacx86com-20) for motherboards.

Looks like they have one PCI x16 slots and 2 m.2 slots. What do I need for continuity to work (or can I even adapt one of the Mac cards for this setup?)
I am using GA-Z370N wifi with replacing the onboard intel wifi/Bluetooth card by Dell 1560 and apart from the kexts to make it work one special BT4LEContiunityFixup.kext solve the problem for handoff and continuity.

There also pre built cards you can find that are plug and play with hand off because they use Apple hardware natively: PCI for the Wifi and Bluetooth via USB (must have a free internal USB - Sorry Dell SFF)

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263925434453

Just wanted to mention that newegg has the fenvi T919 in stock currently & at a discount $54.99 for those who want one. I just purchased it a couple of days ago and both wifi and Bluetooth worked OOB on my Asus z97m plus still running 10.12.6. Handoff and continuity working fine too. The plus side is you don't have to wait a month like the ebay route because it ships from CA.

Starting my first build and am now thoroughly confused. Do I just add this to the list of components listed on the Buyer's Guide page and I'm good to go? Almost purchased an upgraded 2012 mini and then found this site. Glad I did, but after hours of research, this bit has me questioning my plan.

bought the card and added it to my existing 10.13.6 installation. wifi and bt working great but handoff and continuity not working. do i need to run the fix script or do something else? does it only work OOTB if you do a fresh install? i'm logged into icloud account on comp and iphone and handoff working on my macbook but not on my imac clone.

Hello, dear veterans, I am a newbie of Hackintosh. I am going to assemble my first hacintosh system. I plan to buy GIGABYTE H370M DS3H + i3 8100+BCM94360CS2 card. I noticed that most of friends here used a mini-PCIe or a M.2 adapter for BCM94360CS2. I found there is an Intel CNVi port in my motherboard and I want to know if BCM94360CS2 works without any adapter by the Intel CNVi port?
The yellow number 14 in the following picture identifies the Intel CNVi port.

spec_cnvi.png

spec-small.png

Hi Mate,
Intel said...
Even though you can insert these CRF to a standard M.2 Key E socket, they are only compatible with a system designed with the CNVi. Contact your system or motherboard manufacturer to verify compatibility.

bought the card and added it to my existing 10.13.6 installation. wifi and bt working great but handoff and continuity not working. do i need to run the fix script or do something else? does it only work OOTB if you do a fresh install? i'm logged into icloud account on comp and iphone and handoff working on my macbook but not on my imac clone.

Exactly the same here, were you able to fix it somehow? Airdrop works fine, but handoff and continuity does not.

Back