Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

Any BCM94360CS2 would work? I bought a BCM94360CD that's supposedly from an Apple device and I can't get the wifi function working. Only the BT function is detected on osx. No issues with WiFi and network when used under windows though. Might have gotten a "fake".

Thanks a lot!

Hey,

I have a question: I saw in another thread that someone has a Non-WIFI Mainboard but still using this chip + adapter. That means with an adapter you don't even need a mainboard with WIFI onboard? Because I thought it was like that.

Last edited:
Hey,

I have a question: I saw in another thread that someone has a Non-WIFI Mainboard but still using this chip + adapter. That means with an adapter you don't even need a mainboard with WIFI onboard? Because I thought it was like that.
It's probably a PCIe adapter card.

Look at my post on the previous page, post
#716.. OSX natively supports this card. Replace the existing intel card that came with your board with this one. It fits in the existing slot. Just make sure you get the correct form factor card.

So the BCM94352Z can slot right into the existing slot for wifi/bt that's on the GA-z370n WiFi without any additional m.2 adapters or anything?

I'm getting conflicting info in a different thread.

Thx!

I've installed a BCM94360CS2, WiFi, Bluetooth, Airdrop are working, but handoff is not.

Am I missing something?

Thank you in advanced.
Handoff has worked OOB with my BCM94360CS2 (original 2015 macbook air) adapted on PCI-e (BQLZR adapter)
Maybe try disconnect/reconnect from iCloud to see if better - also check handoff is enable on all devices

Last edited:
Handoff has worked OOB with my BCM94360CS2 (original 2015 macbook air) adapted on PCI-e (BQLZR adapter)
Maybe try disconnect/reconnect from iCloud to see if better - also check handoff is enable on all devices

Yes, I fixed the problem disconnecting and connecting again to iCloud.

Thanks!

Hello!
I want to buy a Broadcom wifi + BT card and want to change in my new motherboard: Asrock Z370M-ITX/AC.
In my MB has an Intel chipset card.

Which solution is better for me? I think it is better if i choose native hardware.

macbook air wifi card - BCM94360CS2 + adapter (also too big, but i saw by Fontanero #111 post, it is possible), i found more link to this seller. It is good for me?
imac wifi card - BCM94360CD + adapter (too big)
BCM94352Z - OR just use this card, i think it isn't native, but works with kext.

I use magic keyboard and magic mouse, so i need reliable (strong) bluetooth connection.

Hope someone can help.

So from what i've gathered, i need to buy the actual broadcom card itself with a PCIe adapter in order to get this to work, correct? My question is then is there a M.2 adapter as well? From the #111 post it seems like there is an M.2 adapter that will also work too. Now, would I have to have a specific MB like mITX only that has built in WIFI in order for the M.2 to work, or can it be any ATX board with M.2. If so, would the two items below work on my Asus prime z370-A then? Thanks in advance.

M.2 A/E adapter ebay

WiFi Bluetooth Air Port Card BCM94360CS2

Hope someone can help.

So from what i've gathered, i need to buy the actual broadcom card itself with a PCIe adapter in order to get this to work, correct? My question is then is there a M.2 adapter as well? From the #111 post it seems like there is an M.2 adapter that will also work too. Now, would I have to have a specific MB like mITX only that has built in WIFI in order for the M.2 to work, or can it be any ATX board with M.2. If so, would the two items below work on my Asus prime z370-A then? Thanks in advance.

M.2 A/E adapter ebay

WiFi Bluetooth Air Port Card BCM94360CS2

I might be proved wrong here but I think it breaks down as follows:

You can put a genuine Apple WiFi/BT card in an adapter, and use it in the (usually vertical) M-ITX WiFi slot because the slot is a part of the PCI-e sub-system. The motherboard M.2 ports are a part of the SATA chain (and disable one or two of the actual SATA ports when populated) and so not directly compatible - even if the socket/connecter can be converted with a lookalike adapter etc.

For your motherboards, which don't appear to have existing WiFi sockets, the way to go would be a PCI-e adapter rather than M.2.

Unless someone knows of a special adapter and can give you a link etc. and correct me. And if there is such a thing you'll probably need some very long antenna tails and a backplate too.

:)

Back