Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

I've got a strange situation that I haven't found on this thread yet and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior.

I've tinkered around with Hackintosh for a long time. But am far from being an expert.

MB: GA-Z97N-WIFI Mini ITX
Intel: 4790K
Memory: 32GB
Video: Asus Radeon 580
SSD: Sandisk 480 (Win10) , Kingston 480 (Catalina)
Wifi Mini-PCI: Removed Intel 7260HMW Replaced Azurewave: BCM94352HMB
OS: Win 10 pro, Catalina 10.15.4 (Mojave on a 3rd HDD For stability testing)

I have the Wireless working without any issues using the KEXT files recommended in this thread but Bluetooth seems to be initially working and then becomes unavailable.

I've been messing around with this for over a month now trying to understand why the wireless and Bluetooth would work fine for days and then suddenly I get Bluetooth not available. I don't believe that this is a OSX problem because when I boot back into Windows 10. I also can't get the Bluetooth driver to load properly. (Even after a shutdown.) I've tried to uninstall and re-install the drivers. Tried every combination of USB Legacy, Auto, Off. EHCI XHCI. But the same problem eventually occurs where I turn on the system from shutdown and Bluetooth is unavailable and the only consistent trend that I found was to disconnect the AC power cable from the Mini ITX case. And typically Bluetooth comes back working under Windows 10 or OSX.

I'm out of ideas and am ready to give up and buy an Apple card to overcome this but I'm concerned that it is a motherboard problem and not a MiniPCI card problem. I've been incredibly happy with everything else and was willing to sell my Mac Mini since this machine was so much more capable.

I'd sure like some direction if anyone can help me understand if they have seen this and how they corrected the problem. I just don't want to go off any buy another card if the problem will just come back again. Because the adapters aren't readily available here and it takes over a month to get them. I'm worried that its a bios compatibility problem and that the cards USB configuration gets scrambled and requires a re-boot to straighten out.

Thanks for any direction you can provide.
Bluetooth is related to USB support. Have you created a USB Ports kext? The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration | tonymacx86 ...

Is there any solution to get continuity on the Gigabyte z390I gaming wifi?
It has a cnvi slot, so the adapter from apple wifi card to m.2 doesn't work...
I have the pci x16 slot empty, which are my options?

EDIT:
I was reading and found this.

So, to be clear, the adapter to put the apple card on the back ssd slot should work.
And what about the x16 pcie?

Last edited:
Hello! I am wanting to replace my TP Link N900 with the Fenvi T919.
My other hardware:
- Intel Core i7-4790K processor

- Nvidia Geforce GT 740

- 32gb Crucial Ram

Will this mess me up? Is it just swap and plug and I'm done???

Hello! I am wanting to replace my TP Link N900 with the Fenvi T919.
My other hardware:
- Intel Core i7-4790K processor

- Nvidia Geforce GT 740

- 32gb Crucial Ram

Will this mess me up? Is it just swap and plug and I'm done???
Using Catalina, it's just plug and play. If I'm right, starting with Big Sur Apple has stopped to support this particular broadcom chipset (BCM 94360). More Information:

Edit: According to Dortiana it's still supported under Big Sur. To be honest, I haven't tried it out yet.

Last edited:
Using Catalina, it's just plug and play. If I'm right, starting with Big Sur Apple has stopped to support this particular broadcom chipset (BCM 94360). More Information:

Edit: According to Dortiana it's still supported under Big Sur. To be honest, I haven't tried it out yet.

I have Mojave. Seems like it'll be okay!

Yes, that should be a no brainer.

Back