Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

Indeed.. USB connector was not connected firmly, bluetooth works now out of the box. I cannot pair my iphone though.

iPhone is not intended to be paired to a Mac. Hands off is related to iCloud.

Should also make sure that USB header is connected properly to avoid any damage.

Approximately 5 cm (H) x 7.5 cm (W).

Thx! Sounds good...

So it would be small enough to make my own "low profile"-version by doing some metal working on the slot bracket.
Maybe a project for next time ... :)

Edit: Did not take those three external antennas into consideration. They might not fit as easily on a low profile bracket! Hm. No hands-off for the moment.

Last edited:
hum, I've just installed the mini WIFI/BT card with the adaptator.
the card is this one
Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11ac WiFi card+Bluetooth 4.0 for Apple 27" iMac AirPort
I don't have the antenna...
in Sierra I've booted fine, but don't have any BT or WIFI activated in the OS.
could it be the lack of antenna or is the card I've bought not ok??

Got the BCM94360CD with both WiFi and BT working with FakePCIID-BCMWiFi and BCMPatchRAMV2 on PCIe x16, however handoff only works from macOS to iOS, while iOS to macOS does not show up in the dock... macOS only shows Handoff when the BT is set to descoverable

hum, I've just installed the mini WIFI/BT card with the adaptator.
the card is this one
Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11ac WiFi card+Bluetooth 4.0 for Apple 27" iMac AirPort
I don't have the antenna...
in Sierra I've booted fine, but don't have any BT or WIFI activated in the OS.
could it be the lack of antenna or is the card I've bought not ok??
Just so you know, this isn't a help thread. So, most people won't help you here. I think there is like another thread for help but I'm not sure.
Anyways, you have to use FakePCIID-BRCMWiFi.kext along with PatchRam to get WiFi + BT Working (Just Google them, look for RehabMan and thedarkvoid GitHub pages). Also, on some motherboards (not exactly on my H97 Series), it won't let you use x16 x8 x4 or x2 PCIe slot, you have to use a dedicated x1 slot for both BT and WiFi to work. Also to save you from headaches, on the GitHub pages, there is a readme.txt that details everything you need to do to get the patches working

Just so you know, this isn't a help thread. So, most people won't help you here. I think there is like another thread for help but I'm not sure.
Anyways, you have to use FakePCIID-BRCMWiFi.kext along with PatchRam to get WiFi + BT Working (Just Google them, look for RehabMan and thedarkvoid GitHub pages). Also, on some motherboards (not exactly on my H97 Series), it won't let you use x16 x8 x4 or x2 PCIe slot, you have to use a dedicated x1 slot for both BT and WiFi to work. Also to save you from headaches, on the GitHub pages, there is a readme.txt that details everything you need to do to get the patches working
thanks a lot, and sorry I didn't realized this wasn't the correct place to post my topic, my mistake here. but never the less, thanks a lot for your precious help!

thanks a lot, and sorry I didn't realized this wasn't the correct place to post my topic, my mistake here. but never the less, thanks a lot for your precious help!
It's not your fault. I did the same thing when I started out. I just wanted to tell you so you wouldn't sit there and not receive any help from the Moderators

Would it be possible to rip the Airport card out of my old defunct 2008 MacBook Pro and use in my desktop Hackintosh with some kind of adapter?

yes but you would be better off just getting a newer one most likely. you would need an adapter card.

Back