Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

I'm having trouble finding a BCM94352Z card to replace the stock wifi card in the GA-H170N. Amazon is out, ordered one on Ebay about a month ago, but hasn't shown up from Hong Kong. Anyone got a reliable US vendor with stock?

Dell (DW1560).

I ordered a 6+12 pin M.2 wifi adapter off eBay and it works flawlessly with the 2015 MacBook Air BCM94360CS2 WiFi card, no drivers/patches whatever needed. Just thought I'd share this as I haven't seen much info about it... It's always nice to have a legit Apple WiFi card for more than one reason even if the patches work great (which they do). Folks like myself that use ITX might not have an available PCIe slot for a x1 adapter card, so using the existing M.2 WiFi/BT slot is necessary.
Anyone got a reliable US vendor with stock?
Had this handy... Dell Parts (800) 357-3355 and purchase Part #6XRYC

I ordered a 6+12 pin M.2 wifi adapter off eBay and it works flawlessly with the 2015 MacBook Air BCM94360CS2 WiFi card, no drivers/patches whatever needed. Just thought I'd share this as I haven't seen much info about it... It's always nice to have a legit Apple WiFi card for more than one reason even if the patches work great (which they do). Folks like myself that use ITX might not have an available PCIe slot for a x1 adapter card, so using the existing M.2 WiFi/BT slot is necessary.

Had this handy... Dell Parts (800) 357-3355 and purchase Part #6XRYC

Hey, does Handoff fully work on the CS2 version of BCM94360??
I am having a iTX build as well, running out of expansion slot, and only have two antenna back I/O.

From my old laptop(ProBook 4530s) I have a wireless card AR9285 + this adapter https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N2O81W7/?tag=tonymacx86-21
Bluetooth and WIFI 100% working.

Needed kexts:
ProBookAtheros.kext - https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/tree/master/kexts
OS-X-Atheros-3k-Firmware - https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-atheros-3k-firmware
OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID - https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 17.12.56.png Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 17.13.23.png Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 17.13.35.png Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 17.14.56.png

Last edited:
Is this an adapter or a 2-in-1 card? Thanks. It looks a little suspiciously cheap :p
Yes it is a 2 in 1. Apologize. I don't check forums often except ****** haha.

Well I thought I'd buy one of the new Fenvi FV-T919 cards that are popular at the moment. It had been on my Amazon watch list for some time and as I was checking it featured on a Lightning Deal so I took a chance and purchased at a discount.

A lot of people mention them but I hadn't seen any photos, other than those on the Amazon page, so I thought I'd post a few for those who might be interested:

Fenvi-1.jpg

Fenvi-2.jpg

Fenvi-3.jpg

Fenvi-4.jpg

So that's the packaging.

Here are the tech-specs from System Report:

Wireless -

Fenvi-A.jpeg

Bluetooth -

Fenvi-B.jpeg

The card goes in a PCIe slot just like the others - I use a full-length x4 slot. There's a cable included to attach to a USB motherboard header for the bluetooth.

Unfortunately my results aren't as good as everyone else's.

Firstly Bluetooth was really quick in picking up my Magic Mouse and a pairing request popped up on screen which I okayed. Once done the mouse was working.

Wireless connectivity was another thing. The 2.4ghz radio connected after putting in the password and a few seconds of searching. 5ghz radio connected but ... didn't. It said it was working but there was no Internet delivered. Swap back to 2.4 and all was fine again. I don't necessarily think the card is faulty but I do think this is an old problem rearing its ugly head again.

Handoff, continuity and airdrop are available as you can see in the grabs above, and the General tab in System Preferences confirms it too.

BUT having to go through the 5ghz radio problem again - and it was difficult resolving before - means I've gone back to my "old" original card instead. The Fenvi FV-T919 goes into storage as a back up.

The older card (below) doesn't look as professional but works more quickly and completely.

Fenvi-5.jpg

(Incidentally the card above has been modified to improve its fit and reliability. The screw holding the mini card in place was originally a slanted self-tapper - poor workmanship - so I drilled the pcb and fitted a proper screw, washer and nut. The mounting bracket holes were also modified. The top one widened into a slot so I could slightly angle the bracket away from it. This helps the card sit firmly down in the PCIe motherboard slot. A common problem others have had.)

Hope that's all useful! :)

Last edited:
I have your old card and also can't connect to 5Ghz Wifi's.
But on the Antennas there is a sticker that say it support 5GHz:rolleyes:

@UtterDisbelief Does your system sleep ?

Hi there :)

Yes the 5ghz 'problem' seems quite common. It certainly affected my builds previously. There are suggested workarounds that might or might not work for you, but it seems no one thing. I reverted back to a TP-Link card and separate BT adaptor to get around it last time, giving-up on hand-off etc. It would be great if it could be understood and fixed once and for all.

To get sleep working with this card I had to make sure I configured the motherboard USB header I was using. If you've created an *.aml USB port configuration file as per Ammulder's guide, make sure you set the port to "255". That solves sleep.

:)

To get sleep working with this card I had to make sure I configured the motherboard USB header I was using. If you've created an *.aml USB port configuration file as per Ammulder's guide, make sure you set the port to "255". That solves sleep.

You have a PN

Back