Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

Use iMac 14,2. And check wether Serial Port is disabled.

I've got a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH motherboard. The only setting related to serial ports in the bios was under "Peripherals/Super IO Configuration". There's an item in there for "Serial Port A" - and I disabled it.

Still get a kernel panic..

I've got a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH motherboard. The only setting related to serial ports in the bios was under "Peripherals/Super IO Configuration". There's an item in there for "Serial Port A" - and I disabled it.

Still get a kernel panic..

Attach screenshot of Kernel Panic. It is correct Serial Port (Super IO) should be disabled regardless.

Attach screenshot of Kernel Panic. It is correct Serial Port (Super IO) should be disabled regardless.
noob question - is that a photograph? Or is there some way to capture that with a keystroke?

noob question - is that a photograph? Or is there some way to capture that with a keystroke?

Use a Mobile device with a camera to take the picture of the kernel panic.

Use a Mobile device with a camera to take the picture of the kernel panic.

Here are a couple of images - this was done with 'non-verbose' mode:
LTXomg3.jpg
J9OC21O.jpg

Not sure how readable that is...

Here are a couple of images - this was done with 'non-verbose' mode:
LTXomg3.jpg
J9OC21O.jpg

Not sure how readable that is...

Doesn't give much information. Try a fresh install.

Doesn't give much information. Try a fresh install.
That is last on my list...

I was also looking at my clover config - should I need IOBluetoothFamily kexts loaded on my "KextsToPatch" section of my config? Could that be causing an issue?

I was also looking at my clover config - should I need IOBluetoothFamily kexts loaded on my "KextsToPatch" section of my config? Could that be causing an issue?

No. Recommend to remove it if you're card is a genuine Apple WIFI/Bluetooth card OS X & macOS has its own drivers doesn't require any kext patches.

No. Recommend to remove it if you're card is a genuine Apple WIFI/Bluetooth card OS X & macOS has its own drivers doesn't require any kext patches.

I removed those - that didn't help - still get a kernel panic with the card installed.

Back