ASUS Z97-Pro Gamer
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
Gigabyte GV-N970G1
Mac
  1. MacBook
Hi there,

I'm new here, please forgive me for any faux pas.

I'm a professional IT, and while I admit I'm quite newbie as far as using mac os x on non-official hardware, I have to say that I was using mac for 10+ years and was happily running El Capitan on my main PC thanks to this forum.

Recently I run out of disk space, and figured I can't delay upgrading to newer mac os x, so I purchased a bigger drive and trying to install a brand new High Sierra on it. This same machine runs happily El Capitan, Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04. I was struggling past few weeks trying to get High Sierra installed to no avail. I tried countless options, but all of them end up more or less in the same situation: I can boot into USB installer stick, but when I click Continue to install macOS, the continue button gets greyed out. By selecting and closing Terminal from menu I can get Continue button to get reenabled, but when clicking it I get message about macOS being corrupted.

I'm using latest macOS 10.13.5, latest UniBeast 8.3.2. I stripped down all peripherals, cards, etc and even connected monitor over DVI as I read some people had issues with HDMI. Still no luck.

I'm really stuck here. Seriously thinking about giving up on the whole hackintosh idea and migrating elsewhere. Please help! SOS

Please find below long transcript of my latest attempt to follow Install Guide from the very beginning:

----------------
0. I have hackintosh currently happily running El Capitan
motherboard: Asus z97 pro gamer (using latest BIOS)
cpu: i7-4790k
ssd: micron 1100 (2TB)
disconnected everything i could, just using bare minimum:
motherboard, cpu, memory, keyboard, mouse, ssd
same computer happily runs windows, linux, el capitan. all
of them booting from different drives, during high sierra installation
i disconnected all other hard drives, just using ssd i'm planning to
install high sierra to is connected
1. Downloaded High Sierra 10.13.5 on my macbook from appstore
2. Copied it to hackintosh running El Capitan
note: can't download on hackintosh from appstore and don't have usb adapter to plug usb stick into macbook
3. sha-1 hash (on hackintosh) is 216b38acfb234b4e29c2dba41fd76814550b59e2
$ shasum /Applications/Install*OS*.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg
216b38acfb234b4e29c2dba41fd76814550b59e2 /Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg
4. Create boot disk per Installation Guide
4.1. Downloaded UniBeast-8.3.2
4.2. From disk utility erased USB stick (format OS X Extended (Journalled))
4.3. Run unibeast 8.3.2
note: it says 8.3.1 on first screen and 8.3.2(1) in about, redownloaded UniBeast-8.3.2.zip -- same result
guess it's just first screen hasn't been updated
4.4. Selected High Sierra using UEFI mode and not enjecting any drivers
5. Shut down, disconnected El Capitan drive, connected target Micron SSD, rebooted
6. BIOS settings
6.1. Load optimized defaults
6.2. Intel Virtualization Technology is already disabled (assuming it is Vt-d)
also under advanced/advanced\system agent configuration there is Vt-d entry which is already disabled
6.3. CFG Lock is already disabled
6.4. Changed setup mode to Advanced Mode. Not sure if it affects anything.
6.5. Changed PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse support to Disabled
6.6. Under Secure Boot option to disable is greyed out. Changed OS type to Other OS.
6.7. Changed HD Audio Controller to Disabled
6.8. Changed Serial Port to diabled
6.9. Advanced\USB configuration. Tricky part.
I previously tried many combinations, for this run I'll leave defaults on, namely:
Legacy USB Support: Enabled (other options: Disabled, Auto)
Intel xHCI Mode: Smart Auto (other options: Auto, Enabled, Disabled)
EHCI Hand-off: Disabled (other options: Enabled)
Mass Storage Devices: SanDisk: Auto (other options: Floppy, Forced FDD, Hard Disk, CD-ROM)
6.10. Save & Exit
7. Installation
7.1. Select sole disk available: External
7.2. Initial boot completed and I'm presented with Language choice
7.3. Choose English
7.4. macOS Utilities: choose Disk Utility
7.4.1. Select 2TB drive, click Erase
7.4.2. Use Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
7.4.3. Click Erase
7.4.4. Click Done
7.4.4. Close Disk Utility
7.5. macOS Utilities: select Install macOS
7.6. Click Continue
7.7. Continue buttons turns grey; nothing happens
7.8. Try to select other options (Restore From Time Machine Backup, Install macOS, Get Gelp Online, Disk Utility); Continue button stays greyed out
7.9. Select Terminal from Utilities menu
7.10. Quit Terminal from menu
7.11. Select install macOS; Continue button is not greyed out anymore
7.12. Click Continue
7.13. Get "This copy of the Install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can't be used to install macOS." error.
8. Select Installer Log from menu
8.1. Last message is Unknown[529]: objc[571]: Class OSISystemInfo is implemented in both /Volume/Image Volume/Install macOS High Sie
rra.app/Contents/MacOS/InstallAssistant (0x107bfaec8) and /Volumes/Image Volume/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/Frameworks/OS
InstallerSetup.framework/Versions/OSInstallerSetup (0x1152aab4B). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
(note typed above message by hand, there could be typos)

@lirik7, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Apologies. Profile updated. I tried with both integrated graphics and nvidia discrete card. The transcript posted above is for integrated graphics, but behavior is the same. FWIW with previous high sierra version (10.13.4?) I was getting stop sign. Injecting nvidia drivers was failing even earlier.

Any suggestions what to explore further and what other information can I collect to help troubleshooting this?

Cheers

Bump. Any ideas? What further info can I gather to help troubleshooting?

Did you ever find a solution for this? Mine was doing the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back