Register

Constant reboot from Clover - "type 14=page fault", "can't perform kext scan"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• IMG_9998.jpg
    IMG_9998.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
Just to note again (not sure if this is important) but in Clover Configurator it shows AptioMemoryFix.efi driver not installed even though I've manually put it in the /drivers64 and /drivers64UEFI folders. See attached.

Again, I've done nothing with config.plist and not sure if that needs to change in order to load the new kexts and drivers or whether that just happens automatically by the files simply being present in the respective folders.

Attachments

• AptioMemoryFix.jpg
    AptioMemoryFix.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 40
Just to note again (not sure if this is important) but in Clover Configurator it shows AptioMemoryFix.efi driver not installed even though I've manually put it in the /drivers64 and /drivers64UEFI folders. See attached.

Again, I've done nothing with config.plist and not sure if that needs to change in order to load the new kexts and drivers or whether that just happens automatically by the files simply being present in the respective folders.
later versions of clover uses drivers/UEFI folder structure

Thanks. Oh well, problem remains. If anyone can provide any other suggestions, I've run out of ideas.

My unsolicited and probably not useful comments on your EFI folder contents:

1) Clover_Install_Log.text file says you have 5 disks. Clover v r4439 was used. You might want to consider using the current version of Clover Configurator to update Clover to a much later version, such as r5119.

2) Your disk4 looks like a USB flash drive. Was that a UniBeast-generated installation drive? What's going on with sectors 2 and 3 of disk3?

3) In your EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, you have both "FakeSMC.kext" (current version) and "VirtualSMC.kext" which is a no-no. Either one or the other, but not both are recommended. (My "Mini ITX 1" below has better luck with "FakeSMC.kext" but YMMV.)

4) In your config.plist:

a) ACPI window: The box "PluginType" should be checked (for sound). (Sorry... for power management.)

b) GUI window: you have "tonymacx86" in the Theme set field, but you have no "tonymacx86" folder in your "themes" folder... see attached. Your Clover window is defaulting to "embedded," as written in your Clover_Install_Log.text file.

c) Kernel and Kext Patches window: you have the "AppleIntelCPUPM" box checked. I don't think you need that (I have never used it on any of my setups below), but maybe you do. Also, leaving the "port limit patch" in that window causes all the USB ports to be active. That should only be there until you have defined and activated just those USB ports your motherboard actually uses, up to a maximum of 15 ports. Then that patch should be removed. (This information is from RehabMan.)

d) SMBIOS window: You should go to the very small box at the far right edge, and click it. (I am assuming it is there on your version of Clover Configurator; if not, it's a good reason for updating Clover Configurator.) When you see the new window, find the "iMac14,2" item and click it. That will fill in all the blanks in your SMBIOS window. Also, you might want to try changing the "-" sign in the "Trust" box to a checkmark. That will cause your motherboard firmware to be used to tell Clover what your devices are, if it's not already doing that.

e) System Parameters window: Why have you checked "No Caches?" (I'm ignorant on that... never used it.)

Hope this helps somewhat... I'm in the dark regarding all those disks in the Clover Install file... but hey, I'm a minimalist all the way.

Attachments

• tonymacx86.zip
    1 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
My unsolicited and probably not useful comments on your EFI folder contents:

1) Clover_Install_Log.text file says you have 5 disks. Clover v r4439 was used. You might want to consider using the current version of Clover Configurator to update Clover to a much later version, such as r5119.

2) Your disk4 looks like a USB flash drive. Was that a UniBeast-generated installation drive? What's going on with sectors 2 and 3 of disk3?

3) In your EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, you have both "FakeSMC.kext" (current version) and "VirtualSMC.kext" which is a no-no. Either one or the other, but not both are recommended. (My "Mini ITX 1" below has better luck with "FakeSMC.kext" but YMMV.)

4) In your config.plist:

a) ACPI window: The box "PluginType" should be checked (for sound).

b) GUI window: you have "tonymacx86" in the Theme set field, but you have no "tonymacx86" folder in your "themes" folder... see attached. Your Clover window is defaulting to "embedded," as written in your Clover_Install_Log.text file.

c) Kernel and Kext Patches window: you have the "AppleIntelCPUPM" box checked. I don't think you need that (I have never used it on any of my setups below), but maybe you do. Also, leaving the "port limit patch" in that window causes all the USB ports to be active. That should only be there until you have defined and activated just those USB ports your motherboard actually uses, up to a maximum of 15 ports. Then that patch should be removed. (This information is from RehabMan.)

d) SMBIOS window: You should go to the vey small box at the far right edge, and click it. (I am assuming it is there on your version of Clover Configurator; if not, it's a good reason for updating Clover Configurator.) When you see the new window, find the "iMac14,2" item and click it. That will fill in all the blanks in your SMBIOS window. Also, you might want to try changing the "-" sign in the "Trust" box to a checkmark. That will cause your motherboard firmware to be used to tell Clover what your devices are, if it's not already doing that.

e) System Parameters window: Why have you checked "No Caches?" (I'm ignorant on that... never used it.)

Hope this helps somewhat... I'm in the dark regarding all those disks in the Clover Install file... but hey, I'm a minimalist all the way.
yes, update would be good

and correct, only use VirtualSMC or FakeSMC

also, remove the FakeSMC sensors if using VirutalSMC

try all hackintosh 3rd party kexts in clover only (remove 3rd party kexts from /L/E

although, PluginType has nothing to do with sound :)

Hi,
I've made those changes in my "Main" drive EFI folder but still getting Panics when booting from this. I installed latest Clover on this drive (disk1s1), but actually I've just noticed that the Clover version that is booting is r4359.
Then I've seen from Clover Configurator (see screenshots attached) that actually the Clover Boot Partition is on my redundant (but working) "Main Original" drive (disk4s1).

How do I make it so that the Clover Booting is from disk1s1 instead?

And how do I know what are and aren't 3rd party kexts in /L/E?

Thanks.

Attachments

• EFi partion list 2.jpg
    EFi partion list 2.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 38
  • EFi partion list 1.jpg
    EFi partion list 1.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 44
Hi,
I've made those changes in my "Main" drive EFI folder but still getting Panics when booting from this. I installed latest Clover on this drive (disk1s1), but actually I've just noticed that the Clover version that is booting is r4359.
Then I've seen from Clover Configurator (see screenshots attached) that actually the Clover Boot Partition is on my redundant (but working) "Main Original" drive (disk4s1).

How do I make it so that the Clover Booting is from disk1s1 instead?

And how do I know what are and aren't 3rd party kexts in /L/E?

Thanks.
in terminal:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

and copy and paste the results here

Hi, here it is. Just to be clear. I'm currently booted into my "Main Original" drive (disk4s1) drive so would these results be based on this?
To be clear, the drive which I'm trying to log into but can't (because it keep rebooting on panic) is "Main" (disk1s1).

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc1d545e0e0 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "FakeSMC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc1d541b770 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.hwsensors.driver.CPUSensors" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc1d5416f60 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.hwsensors.driver.GPUSensors" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc1d5406030 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.hwsensors.driver.ACPISensors" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc1d53abe10 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.hwsensors.driver.LPCSensors" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc1d04f3cf0 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "realtekALC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.RealtekALC" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc1d52f7640 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "TelestreamAudio.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "net.telestream.driver.TelestreamAudio" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67061) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc1d04c5950 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "Soundflower.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower" }

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/ManyCamVideoDeviceDriver.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ManyCamVideoDeviceUserClient.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

Kext with invalid signatured (-67061) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc1d04bbb80 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "ManyCamVideoDeviceDriver.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.ManyCamLLC.videodevice.driver" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc1d52418d0 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67054) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc1d079cb70 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "AppleHDA.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc1d1e11cf0 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "AtherosL1cEthernet.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.insanelymac.AtherosL1cEthernet" }

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc1d07016b0 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.tonymacx86.AHCI_3rdParty_SATA" }

Invalid signature -67061 for kext <OSKext 0x7fc1d04c5950 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "Soundflower.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower" }

Invalid signature -67061 for kext <OSKext 0x7fc1d04bbb80 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "ManyCamVideoDeviceDriver.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.ManyCamLLC.videodevice.driver" }

KernelCache ID: 7452EA0366FFD7F3D3EF54617BBD2CA4

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e1e10670 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.tonymacx86.AHCI_3rdParty_SATA" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e1fb2ee0 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "RemoteControl.USBLAN_usbpart.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.RemoteControl.USBLAN.usbpart" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e4034100 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "Belcarra.USBLAN_usbpart.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.Belcarra.iokit.USBLAN_usbpart" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e1eabdd0 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.insanelymac.AtherosE2200Ethernet" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e1c00d90 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "Belcarra.USBLAN_netpart.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.Belcarra.iokit.USBLAN_netpart" }

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/SiLabsUSBDriver64.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/BJUSBLoad.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e4092420 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "BJUSBMP.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "jp.co.canon.bj.kext.BJUSBMP" }

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/SiLabsUSBDriver.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e441f060 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "AtherosL1cEthernet.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.insanelymac.AtherosL1cEthernet" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e450cd40 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "RealtekRTL81xx.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.lnx2mac.driver.RealtekRTL81xx" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67054) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e585ea90 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "AppleHDA.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e43f8f10 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e43fb8b0 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Broadcom-WiFi" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67061) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e5912850 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "ManyCamVideoDeviceDriver.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.ManyCamLLC.videodevice.driver" }

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/ManyCamVideoDeviceDriver.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ManyCamVideoDeviceUserClient.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e5913f50 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmFirmwareStore" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67061) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e591f6f0 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "Soundflower.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e44721c0 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "FakeSMC.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e599e840 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e59c97b0 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "TelestreamAudio.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "net.telestream.driver.TelestreamAudio" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e59e4da0 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "realtekALC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.RealtekALC" }

kext file:///Library/Extensions/tun.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e589caa0 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.insanelymac.AtherosE2200Ethernet" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e589d4f0 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.hwsensors.driver.LPCSensors" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e58d5960 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.hwsensors.driver.ACPISensors" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e58e7ab0 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.hwsensors.driver.GPUSensors" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e58eb110 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.hwsensors.driver.CPUSensors" }

kext file:///Library/Extensions/tap.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa7e5d31a00 [0x7fff9365faf0]> { URL = "FakeSMC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC" }

Okay, issue update....

I was comparing my "functioning" drive file structure to my kernel panicking one. Even though I had Carbon Copy cloned these drives and the now panicking drive had been working for months, there were some glaring file omissions in:
/drivers64UEFI folder; and even
/Library/ folder.

I Carbon Copied the /Library folders between the drives and there were 180Mb of missing files. So I synced both and also put missing files into /drivers64UEFI folder that were present in "Main Original" and....

VOILA! Main booted up perfectly without a kernel panic.

I have no idea how or why /Library files can suddenly disappear or go missing? Or perhaps the original Carbon Copy clone didn't copy all files and I've just been lucky all this time?

Either way, it's working. The only thing that is still a bit disconcerting though is the realisation that the Clover Boot Partition does in fact reside on the old "Main Original" drive. Can anyone help me in advising how to relocate this? See attached. Is it simply a matter of changing the BIOS boot order and making Main the "first" boot drive?

Attachments

• Clover Boot Partition move.jpg
    Clover Boot Partition move.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back