Contribute
Register

Constant reboot from Clover - "type 14=page fault", "can't perform kext scan"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ProArt B660-Creator D4 (previously Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H)
CPU
i7-12700K (previously i7-3770K)
Graphics
Radeon RX 570 4Gb (previously GTX 670)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I have the following setup:
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
i7 3770K
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce

Running High Sierra (10.13.4)

I've been successfully booting from Clover for many months but today a consistent kernel panic has started for no apparent reason. See attached.

I've read a few posts on similar issues but the solutions seemed to have pointed towards a RAM issue. I don't think this is my problem because I have another drive which I boot from in Clover successfully (it's actually the previous original boot drive which ran out of space that I've kept for "safety" purposes, luckily).
I've tried replacing the non-booting drive's config.plist file with the booting drive's config.plist file, but this had no effect.
I've also tried a bunch of option arguments adjustments from Clover, but the panic seems to be stubbornly resilient. Any particular suggestions are welcome.

From the attached does anyone have a clue what's happening here and/or how to fix it? I saw someone mention a faulty lilu.kext but nothing in the attached seems to point towards that, plus I have no idea how/why kexts can get randomly corrupted like that.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_9994.jpg
    IMG_9994.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 109
I have no idea how/why kexts can get randomly corrupted like that.
There is nothing there to suggest that any kexts are corrupt.
That line is just part of the process.

zip and attach your /EFI folder.

Thanks P1LGRIM.
See attached.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 137
Kexts should be in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other only - Remove these :

Screenshot 2020-08-25 at 15.14.13.png

No hope of booting without FakeSMC.kext or VirtualSMC.kext :

Screenshot 2020-08-25 at 15.16.13.png

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext is deprecated - Now part of WhateverGreen.kext.

You have no memory fix driver installed. Not always essential but usually is.

Your GTX 670 is natively supported, you don't need the web drivers.

Thanks P1LGRIM, I'll try this. Please accept my apology in advance, but it's been a while and I have a couple of follow on questions:
1.) Am I okay to delete NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext altogether and install WhateverGreen.kext instead?
2.) Where do I get latest versions of the kexts from? The download page on this forum has FakeSMC from 2017 but I've seen other later versions. Should I be trying to find latest versions in general?
3.) Which memory fix driver should I install? There seems to be AptioMemoryFix, OsxAptioFixDrv and OsxAptioFix3Drv.
4.) I've tried installing the driver and kexts direct from Clover Configurator but I keep getting "ERROR: You don't have permission to write here". I've tried sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/Main/EFI/* from terminal but it hasn't helped.
I don't have a problem moving kexts manually into the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder instead of doing it through Clover Configurator, but I'm not sure about the *.efi files. Can I just download these and similarly just manually copy to /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folder?

Thanks.

Thanks P1LGRIM, I'll try this. Please accept my apology in advance, but it's been a while and I have a couple of follow on questions:
1.) Am I okay to delete NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext altogether and install WhateverGreen.kext instead?
2.) Where do I get latest versions of the kexts from? The download page on this forum has FakeSMC from 2017 but I've seen other later versions. Should I be trying to find latest versions in general?
3.) Which memory fix driver should I install? There seems to be AptioMemoryFix, OsxAptioFixDrv and OsxAptioFix3Drv.
4.) I've tried installing the driver and kexts direct from Clover Configurator but I keep getting "ERROR: You don't have permission to write here". I've tried sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/Main/EFI/* from terminal but it hasn't helped.
I don't have a problem moving kexts manually into the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder instead of doing it through Clover Configurator, but I'm not sure about the *.efi files. Can I just download these and similarly just manually copy to /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folder?

Thanks.
1) yes
2) from https://github.com/acidanthera try VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC
3) try 1 at a time to see which works
4) download the kexts and copy them to clover/kexts/other, no need for clover configurator

Since it was a bootable system before, don't forget to check Drive: Library/Extensions for FakeSMC or VirtualSMC, because this was a valid location for High Sierra.

Thanks Feartech,
I'm still getting the reboot kernel panic.
I've done as P1LGRIM said:
1.) Put kexts in /Other. Tried with and without FakeSMC.kext.
2.) Put AptioMemoryFix-64.efi into /CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI and /CLOVER/Drivers64 folders
3.) I'm not sure what the web drivers are that P1LGRIM referred to. Is that the FSInject-64.efi file and should I remove that?
See new error screen on bootup attached and my /EFI folder.

Does anything need to be done to config.plist when adding in these kexts and drivers? I haven't touched that.

Thanks for the continued help.

Attachments

• IMG_9997.jpg
    IMG_9997.jpg
    985.9 KB · Views: 92
  • EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 102
Since it was a bootable system before, don't forget to check Drive: Library/Extensions for FakeSMC or VirtualSMC, because this was a valid location for High Sierra.
Thanks. FakeSMC.kext seems to be there.
Should I put VirtualSMC.kext in there as well?
I noticed that there are FakeSMC-xxxSensors.kext files in /Extensions. Should I be putting those in /CLOVER/kext/Other as well?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 11.52.55 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 11.52.55 pm.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 69
Thanks. FakeSMC.kext seems to be there.
Should I put VirtualSMC.kext in there as well?
I noticed that there are FakeSMC-xxxSensors.kext files in /Extensions. Should I be putting those in /CLOVER/kext/Other as well?
try adding to boot arguments:
Code:
UseKernelCache=No -f

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back