Contribute
Register

Constant freezes after 10.9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had constant freezes going from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2 and after about 2 weeks, gave up an reverted to 10.9.1. when you guys say you upgraded, which version was it from?

I upgraded from 10.9.2 (working fine) to 10.9.3 (constant freezes).
Disabling IGPU in setup, solved it for me. Just lost airplay.

Since 10.9.3 I had constant freezes when IGFX is enabled.

Last time I tried I found several of this errors in system.log just before OS freeze.

kernel[0]: Warning: IOSurface 00000013 seed changed while owned by an accelerator 00000001: 0000003f -> 00000041

After disabling IGFX I found no more of this errors.

Could be related to the freezing? Does anyone know what is it?

Thanks.

I have 2 corsair vengeance 1600 MHz.
I changed it to better stability but leaving to 1600 MHz. the freezes continues.

I have the GA-Z87X-UD5H with 4x32GB of Corsair Vengeance LP. After the upgrade to 10.9.3 I too had random freezes after a few minutes logged in.

I disabled the XMP memory profile and it dropped my speed down to 1333. The system is once again rock solid.

Two questions:

1. How to get 1600 MHz?

2. I tested the crap out of the memory at 1866 MHz. memtest86+ for 20+ passes. No problems then or with 10.9.1 and 10.9.2. How on earth would 10.9.3 have problems with this memory at 1866 Mhz?

Btw, I have the internal graphics disabled. using my GTX 760.

Thanks.

I stupidly updated to 10.9.3 via the App Store, so my previously rock solid Mavericks install freezes after a minute or 2 of operation. I ran multi beast again and repaired permissions via Disk Utility, but nothing changed.

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
GTX 670
6GB of DDR3 @1600mhz

It works in safe mode without crashing, so I feel like it should be fixable somehow.
Not keen on re-installing from scratch as I would have to spend a day reinstalling everything, plus the problem would most likely still be there from what I've read.
Has anyone managed to get to the bottom of this yet?

I stupidly updated to 10.9.3 via the App Store, so my previously rock solid Mavericks install freezes after a minute or 2 of operation. I ran multi beast again and repaired permissions via Disk Utility, but nothing changed.

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
GTX 670
6GB of DDR3 @1600mhz

It works in safe mode without crashing, so I feel like it should be fixable somehow.
Not keen on re-installing from scratch as I would have to spend a day reinstalling everything, plus the problem would most likely still be there from what I've read.
Has anyone managed to get to the bottom of this yet?

I recommend trying the memory fix above.

I recently put together my first machine so my only option was 10.9.3. I have thez87x ud 7 th motherboard and I'm having the same freezes as you guys. Looking forward to trying the fixes in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back