Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've posted this in the Sandy Bridge forum as well, but haven't had any luck with any help as of yet, so I figured I'd try here.

I finished installing OS X 10.6.7 and got everything working, with the exception being the ethernet.

The Asus P8P67 Pro board that I installed has an Intel 82579 ethernet NIC on it. I've installed hnak's AppleIntelE1000a kext with System Utilities through MultiBeast several times, however, I'll only get connectivity for a brief period of time before the NIC goes to a "cable unplugged" state. I'm beginning to think it might be faulty, but I'd like to try getting it to work.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I have a Sabertooth P67, with the same intel 82579 , and the problem is the same.. no conection///

deciofred said:
I have a Sabertooth P67, with the same intel 82579 , and the problem is the same.. no conection///

I got connection and wake problems after 10.6.8 update with my P8Z68-VPro (Intel 82579).

It was solved using the new AppleIntelE1000e.kext (1.3.10) by hnak.
Use it instead of the older one that is in Multibeast.

I got it from Insanelymac:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256043

By the way, it also solved a problem of mouse (USB) delay after wake: there was an error during ethernet initialization with older kext, that delayed USB wake. Since upgrading IntelE1000e kext, no more USB delay...

Thumps up hnak! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back