Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Integrated Graphics Processor with MegaChips MCDP2800
Mac
  1. iMac
I have two mainboard: GA-z77x-UP5-TH and GA-z177x-UD5-TH and I wonder if it's would possible connection between them via Thunderbolt slots.

Connecting via LAN-network work great, but only max. 100Mb/sec:(

I use this configuration:
Thunderbolt Gigabit Ethernet Adapter from z77x-UP5-TH to z177x-UD5-TH using Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter

I would like to use only Thunderbolts slots connection, anyone here use such configuration?

Thanks in advance

I have two mainboard: GA-z77x-UP5-TH and GA-z177x-UD5-TH and I wonder if it's would possible connection between them via Thunderbolt slots.

Connecting via LAN-network work great, but only max. 100Mb/sec:(

I use this configuration:
Thunderbolt Gigabit Ethernet Adapter from z77x-UP5-TH to z177x-UD5-TH using Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter

I would like to use only Thunderbolts slots connection, anyone here use such configuration?

Thanks in advance

http://www.macworld.com/article/2142073/connecting-two-macs-using-thunderbolt.html

I'm not talking about the original Mac system, because there's no connection problem, I wonder if anyone could connect two Hackintosh via Thunderbolt slots.
I'm trying to connect GA-z77x-UP5-TH and GA-z177x-UD5-TH, but unfortunately so far without success:(

Last edited:
Are your thunderbolt ports enabled in the bios? Do you have other working thunderbolt connections? Have you enabled thunderbolt by first booting into windows and downloading drivers? Have you connected before starting up the machines since thunderbolt on hacks are not hotswappable?

Are your thunderbolt ports enabled in the bios? Do you have other working thunderbolt connections? Have you enabled thunderbolt by first booting into windows and downloading drivers? Have you connected before starting up the machines since thunderbolt on hacks are not hotswappable?

Of course, yes, I know this and I have used it for a long time already. It's no problem there with a thunderbolt connection in conjunction with UAD 2-Audio system!

Looking for help to connect via thunderbolt between two Hackintosh GA-z77x-UP5-TH and GA-z177x-UD5-TH

Also interested in this topic, did you manage to make it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back